Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Graphic in rar file.

Domino_

Hi all!
Does somebody know hot to code EO that he opens all graphics,sprites,titles from rar file?
Like I compress Data into data.rar and all files from there he is reading. And thr rar file is protected by password witch knows only admin and who coded it in the game?

Have a look at Robin's Autoupdater code for the unraring part. I am not sure if you can unrar protected files though.

I think that the unraring only extracts it and then you would have to make sure it extracts to a set location or something, not sure if you can read them directly from the rar.

You could always just use some weak type of encryption, and hide the picture file in another similarly named file with a new extension. Then just read it from there, if you know what you're doing.

But if you're going to go from that RAR approach, yes, you will need to study up on the Zlib libraries, and figure out a procedure for dumping the images, whether you extract them, then delete them when the application unloads, or run them straight from the compressed file. Of course, if a player can find this RAR file, they will most likely be able to open it, even if it's set to read only, unless you password protect it. :)

Actually, now that I think of it.. I think I used to have some neat library called GameCrypt, it would let you load/save encrypted files with a password on demand.. I could see if I have it laying about somewhere. :)