Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm practicing my mapping skillz….

Bloodmorphed

Well let me know what you think, this is only the defualt tiles that comes with eclipse so don't hate too much.
![](http://bpprojects-i.com/map1.png)

I only 10 mins on it so… not too baD? for what I had anways

EDIT: Forgot to mention this....... This is my first map on eclipse.

Not too bad.

Too many logs, and the path way that meets the grass needs to be transitioned better. Aswell as the square box on the right. Too many grass pedals in the box on the right. The tree shadows are ugly.

Add some more ground effects example: flowers, tree leafs, dirt spots, etc..

@Shepard:

> Starting to look better. Fix the pathway its too blocky and try to get some grass to pathway transitions, and the tree shadows are horrible.
>
> You are on the right track.

1\. I know its blocky but in order for me to not make it so blocky I'd have to do my own tiles which I can't do, :(

2\. Explain a little more about transactions, Like I mean I don't know Exactly what you mean by it.

3\. Can I take out the shadows?? lol I mean the shadows make sense cuz trees do create them, also this is the Default tilesets, remember thatl ol

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean but i dunno if I can do that with the default tiles, but ill see if I can.
EDIT 2: Yeah I cant do that with default tilesets…. I could get some more if I really wanted to but this is as best I can do with the default ones.

@Takumi:

> Yes indeed trees do cast shadows, but those shadows are just horrible. I remember the default tileset someone fixed the shadows, not exactly sure who did it, but try to search the resource forum.
>
> And example of transitions is in the picture above that I posted.

Yup and I cant really do that with the default tilesets, I CAN get more tilesets if I wanted tho.

anyways ir doesnt matter, i got new ones that I cant figure out how to use either lol its half tile transacrions are kinda weird. and i cant get it to turn right it leaves a haalf tiled space.

Oh I figured it out, took a bit to figure out the angling of it though and the layering.

I think that the maps are too linear (shown in diagram below)
![](http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz22/shwamshwam1/helpforpersononeclipse.png)

Maps need to look naturalistic, because everything in nature isn't straight, make the maps seem a bit less ordered and a bit more random, if you know what I mean.