Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why don't you guys use .GFX files? and does anyone know how we can edit/veiw .GFX files?

Tokin

Hello

I got a idea I saw with a engine before the creator went to work with 2d genises mmorpg engine and gave up on his engine.

Why don't you guy use like .GFX files? If you do my bad, I never downloaded your new version of your game. But I have seen gfx files for Tiles,Corpse,Items,Minimap,Emoticons,BigSprites,Spirites,Spells,Arrows. Is what the engine has. Why not use it? It helps protect your files so if people try to use it they can't because they are encrypted and all.

Another question.

Do you know a editor for .GFX so I can veiw and edit the files?

Thanks

Tok-

The answers simple it doesn't fully protect your images enough to sacrifice the time in which it takes to decrypt the image each time you need it. Also I know you might say why not load all the images into memory then if that's a issue with loading them each time. Well the issue is some people have a ton of tiles which can't be all loaded into memory as memory is not just used for your application. its used for many applications and they share all the memory in your PC up till there is none left which some will switch over to using your hard drive as temporary memory called Vitual memory which is incredibly slow as a Hard dirve has no means of speed when it comes to randomly accessing the memory needed.

Also to answer another question Ahead of time the reason encypting a image is not worth it is due to the fact that their are programs out their that ANYONE can use to pull images from memory and recreate them. These are called a type of hacking tool but they are found online pretty easily. Though googles been trying hard to remove anything illegal they can find.

Also GPX is just a file type name in itself. It doesn't really stand for anything and can be anything. For example i can make my map file be a .png rather than a .dat . these naming conventions are just used to help point out what they are for and how to use them in a conventional manner.

This is a message provided by Genusis Time Lord!

> Just because people can steal it doesn't mean you shouldn't try to prevent them. Fewer people will if you force them to put effort into it… No reason to be lazy about asset security.

Agreed. same thing with locking your front door its a deterant not a cure.  If someone is capable and interested enough to climb over the small wall i put in front of my files they can have them but im not going to just hand them out for free without work.

> Anyone else find it ironic they are asking why we dont secure are files that way to stop people from stealing them then asking for a program to unencrypt the files?

its beautifuly ironic

I just know that the program encrypts the file changing bmp I am guessing to .gfx with a passowrd. Even if its ironic that I asked for a .gfx program it might not even work. But we can take a look at bettering your server. I see some stuff thats added into other servers that arnt added into eclipse worlds or even maybe even in eclipse.

(The Server Part)

Server side Bloodsplatte (on and off button), hp/mp revive part where people revive while sitting or walking (on and off switch)

has a log packet thing to see what people say.

(Client Part)

Chats can see the ground

Spells/buttons see through to the ground

I seen on a differnt one. I could move them around

Don't know if Eclipse or Eclipse World does that (only looked at eclipse world atm)

Thats my take on the few things I see. Yes probably the chat and spells can be edited to be able to seethrough

Also I forgot to mention, there are 16 Tile.gfx files on the server. I know Minecraft servers takes alot of ram to have like more then 5 people on your server at once. soo I am guessing this server would take some too just to have people online if it wasnt on the web hosting provider.

(kinda just solved my own questions why i edit it)