Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Grafic Pack

LucianL.

Hi i'm new here and i need a few advise, here its my grafic pack untill now. I worked before with pixel by pixel grafic but never made an game.

>! ![](http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/892/screenshotxi.png)

What do you think ?

Hmm, it's interesting. Lots of texture, and I think your grass-over-dirt transitions are professional. However your shading and perspective could use some work; I'm guessing that dark stone thing is a wall; it took me a little bit to see that; the wall has no shading, and especially the "sides" of the wall are really thin and not distinctive (it doesn't look like the top of a wall).

Your trees are interesting, atleast for a specific style (very dark jungle vibe I'm getting from it), but I think they might be a bit too specialized in that regard. Also they could use some better lighting/shading.

Overrall, it's really good – your grass and dirt are some of the best I've seen; but your cliffs and walls need a lot of work.

Your grass and dirt is really good, however, it doesn't really fit with the rest of your objects because of the black outlining around everything. Also try to round off the corners of the cliff/stone wall to show that there is some depth because it can get confusing to see once you start adding in more complicated landscape.

It's looking good so hope to see some positive changes here. :)

Black outlines with objects are alright because objects stand above the ground (dirt and grass). The main thing with outlines is you shouldn't have black outlines along the bottom edges of stuff like trees and bushes – where it would physically "touch" the ground (only outlining the surfaces that would be "up in the air").

If you try to add black outlines to dirt and grass you'll probably ruin it, and if you remove the outlines from objects, the overuse of textures will make everything blend together too much and be more flat than it already is. So with respect to kyoghin, I'd ignore the comment about the outlines (as the black outlines on most of the trees are good as well).

@Anna:

> Black outlines with objects are alright because objects stand above the ground (dirt and grass). The main thing with outlines is you shouldn't have black outlines along the bottom edges of stuff like trees and bushes – where it would physically "touch" the ground (only outlining the surfaces that would be "up in the air").
>
> If you try to add black outlines to dirt and grass you'll probably ruin it, and if you remove the outlines from objects, the overuse of textures will make everything blend together too much and be more flat than it already is. So with respect to kyoghin, I'd ignore the comment about the outlines (as the black outlines on most of the trees are good as well).

Yeah I guess I implied to remove them completely with my wording, sorry. I meant that it shouldn't be completely black outlines…depending on the objects, it should be a dark hue outline on the objects like dark green for the leaves, and dark brown for the trunk of the tree; just not completely black, at least for the case of his tileset.

Well here its a little experiment and i like them both, left one has black out lines and the right one has darker green and brown on out lines and made the tree to cast shadow on the ground will give the impresion of hight i think.
And i think you both got right at all

Dirt and grass = awesome, but I don't think you should have those shadows, if you want shadows you should get a client with alpha blending, otherwise it just ruins it. And for outlining, base it on your light-source, wherever the light would hit, it should be lighter than where it doesn't hit. So basically you use your right version but where the light wouldn't hit, you have a slightly darker color.