Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Donate to Blindy ;D

azure

As many of you know I am both visually impaired and poor. (lol) Anyway recently it occurred to me that I could use $36 for something that I can not currently afford. So I am now accepting donations via paypal to reach this goal.  The only real reward I could offer is the good Karma from doing a good deed for someone less fortunate than your self.

As this is a voluntary donation I will only be doing this until either I get bored, the thread is closed, or I reach the meager goal.  There is no set donation amount.

[![](http://wereduceglobalwarming.org/images/Paypal_DonateButton.gif)](https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=7Z6A27NQUTF48&lc=US&item_name=Donate%20to%20Blindy¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)

0.66c/$36

I'm not expecting some kind of flood, call it a social experiment. Oh and I do expect flames

Confirmed Donators:
Captain Wabbit

I receive $606\. 250 went to rent, 200 to power(hopefully that won't be so ducking high from now on) 150 to the ducking phone people(that's about to be canceled… they're on my last nerve) Last bit was put into food. So I'm piss poor until the first and hopefully the start of slightly lower bills.

Long rant short: This is just for something that's not horrendously important. Breaking a dollar would suffice for a short term, getting the full goal would suffice a year.

You can get phone service from Magic Jack for 19.95 a year, it sucks but what do you expect… Why do you need to pay $150 for a phone? Our power is like $600 a month usually, computer is probably most of the bill by the way, and $200 is pretty decent if you ask me.

http://www.magicjack.com/6/index.asp

Honestly this wasn't meant to degrade into people giving me piss poor advice about how to deal with my budget. If you don't want to donate some change so I can have something to enjoy while I deal with shit, then don't.

FYI: The power bill for this month is 200, We paid 500 the other week to get out of the contract pattern they had us locked in. Next month's is supposed to be 130\. I doubt it's the laptop or my computer since they were in 24/7 use long before we moved here. It's the AC combined with their shit budget "solution" terms.  If you want to know how I know? "I know how to read my power bill."

The phone bill- Well that's kind of complicated. Until about a week ago I had no way to actually get them to let me out of the contract. In about a week I get my bill which if it goes as I expect it to will represent a serious fubar by their customer service rep, which was clearly intentional. Since it's like the third time it's happened in six months. Long story short I get out of my contract and they have to settle my balance on my terms.

If I go to anything for calling people it'll be a prepaid or skype. Magic jack is stupid.

@Helladen:

> You can get phone service from Magic Jack for 19.95 a year, it sucks but what do you expect… Why do you need to pay $150 for a phone? Our power is like $600 a month usually, computer is probably most of the bill by the way, and $200 is pretty decent if you ask me.
>
> http://www.magicjack.com/6/index.asp

Piss poor advice right there.

@Robin:

> Piss poor advice right there.

points at his budgeting amount and then points at Helladen's power bill…

-Magic jack requires a land line phone and a cable broadband connection which I do not have. ;D It's just a scam really. Skype with a cam kit is cheaper for the long term.

We had it before, it wasn't that bad. :P I was just trying to help without giving you any money, sorry if my advise sucked.

The power is high where we live also, right now we're at 250-300 a lot lower than usual. Heaters/AC are a killer on the electric bill.

Well my phone bill came back, and I was shocked to find that they made good on what they told me they were going to do. I got my service for free this month. I'm still pissed at the balance, but it's a bit more manageable. We also received a second power bill which is slightly lower, so we'll see how things go now that we're off their budget program. Don't ever fall for that… >:( We've got one more area we can save money, but DMCA policies are keeping us away from it.