Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pet summon fix! (No more server crash)

Golf

I've finally fixed a pet summon problem.When you are on the edge of the map and if you summon your pet server will just crash!

I was so stupid to fix it so I thinked 2 hours until logical explanation came into my head :P

Its very easy.

We will just need to edit **SERVER SIDE**:

In modGameLogic,in sub NpcTileIsOpen find this:

```
If MapNpc(mapnum).NPC(LoopI).IsPet = YES Then
If Map(mapnum).Tile(x, y).Type = TILE_TYPE_WALKABLE Or Map(mapnum).Tile(x, y).Type = TILE_TYPE_NPCAVOID Or Map(mapnum).Tile(x, y).Type = TILE_TYPE_HEAL Then
NpcTileIsOpen = True
Exit Function
End If
End If

```
 Now replace it with this:

```
If MapNpc(mapnum).NPC(LoopI).IsPet = YES Then
If x >= Map(mapnum).MaxX Or y >= Map(mapnum).MaxY Or x <= 0 Or y <= 0 Then
NpcTileIsOpen = False
Exit Function
Else

If Map(mapnum).Tile(x, y).Type = TILE_TYPE_WALKABLE Or Map(mapnum).Tile(x, y).Type = TILE_TYPE_NPCAVOID Or Map(mapnum).Tile(x, y).Type = TILE_TYPE_HEAL Then
NpcTileIsOpen = True
Exit Function
End If
End If
End If

```
Now when you replaced it server wont crash anymore :) If you are on edge of the map you cant summon pet anymore and server wont crash !

> I had already fixed this in the SEB engine xD
>
>  
>
> Sorry you spent two hours on it mate D: If I had known you were trying to fix this I woulda told you D:

Really? I'd have loved to have seen this fixed in the code and actually not crashing when you spawn your pet where you shouldn't be ;) aka, no you didn't XD

> yes they are

Are you sure? [http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/116108-eo-lightnings-pet-system-completely-bug-free/](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/116108-eo-lightnings-pet-system-completely-bug-free/)  This?