Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recruiting Programmers for a game.

cutlaska

Hello, im getting back into game making an all that, and im starting up a new project. Im looking for experienced programmers to assist me in making some kinks in the origins engine.

To give a good idea of things im trying to do:
-Things like scripted animations and cutscenes
-Npc text boxes
-Pets
-etc.

I am aware there are edited version most likely including most of those things but there are some specifics and i would at least like to talk to someone that knows what they are doing to see if some of the things i want are possible.

-There are a few other things i want to tinker with but i'd rather talk about it privately.

Just message me and whatever and ill give the needed info about me game and once i get a solid team ill put up a info page for it.

I can provide some screenshots but thats all the info im comfortable with giving away as of now.

To prove i wont waste your time-
Deviantart: http://captain-carrion.deviantart.com/
Newgrounds: http://captain-carrion.newgrounds.com/art/

And below is a bit of a MS paint portfolio.

Hm, no one looks really interested.
Okay i can shell out some info…

Im going to be getting The Crystal Shire Editors Edition once i save up enough money. I figured it would save some time because its origins already upgraded a bunch with the scrolling and all that jazz.

There are still some things i would like to add though.

One thing is a Gathering System, basically you can gather resources from plants, mining, maybe even fishing but also NPC's which is my biggest focus. I want something very similar to the way monster hunter works where you can craft items out of things you have gathered and parts you have taken from enemies.

Another thing is a combining system once again like Monster Hunter, Minecraft, Resident Evil, Where you can combine two items to make a more effective one.

Dont take me wrong these are by no means easy things to do for a programmer and i fully understand that. But i have a goal for this game and i hope to reach it.

There are more smaller things that aren't as much as a priority but im hoping someone experienced will be interested.
And i promise i wont waste your time. I will give credit to all who deserve it and income (if made) will also be shared if you choose to help.

Ill be posting concept art in a while.

@Azure:

> To that extent I agree. If your goal is specifically to make money you would do better with something custom tailored to your game.

Well im not trying to actually make money, just pay the people that helped me out.
And as for having a custom engine made, that would take long and defiantly cost me alot of money.

I see. Well I would reformat your first post and gear the whole thread around your game. The reason I would do that is because it will portray more information about your game and what it is you are doing. I know you don't have much if you haven't worked with the engine, but presenting your ideas in an organized manner and showing off your art skills will do a lot in the way of getting help from others, for free even.