Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This Pisses Me Off

Kinjiru

Sorry man but i'd have to say its alright for lupe to sample float on. Usually, his messages are pretty straight. Show goes on and Words I never said are both very meaningful songs. I think its a good sample man.

You should be more mad that Puff Daddy sampled Kashmir. haha. that's something to get upset about.

You should just be happy that so many people who enjoy another genre of music get to listen to a great song.

I bet you £10 that a decent percentage of the people who listen will Google for the original song. ;]

Yeah, what Robin said is true. Look at it from this perspective. Lupe is using Float On which obviously means he is down with the song.

On another note, some artists do the opposite and cover rap songs.

For instance:

T.I. - Whatever You Like (Original)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQJACVmankY

BAMF - Whatever You Like (Cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfADo-2OKns

If you are into ska music, this is an excellent cover of a decent rap song…

@MrMiguu:

> **@Robin** Another great example is how I came across Imogenheap (from one of Jason Derulo's song).

That's how pretty much all Americans came across her. It was when she got sampled in that song that she got her big debut in America.

This is my argument against those old bastards who're so adamant on tightening copyright laws and intellectual property restrictions. You create music so other people can experience something you've created. If you have something widening your audience then that's fantastic and the benefits of it will far outweigh any of the problems associated with file sharing.

_Viva La Revolución!_

@MrMiguu:

> **@Robin** Another great example is how I came across Imogenheap (from one of Jason Derulo's song).

oOoOo, I love hide and seek! Its such a chill song!