Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Make NPC level visable

SpiceyWolf

Well I've been playing around some more with the Mod Text file… and i found a few more things out...
Heres how to make NPC level visable...

Search:

```
Name = Trim$(Npc(npcNum).Name)
```
now u can either add the next code and keep level and name, or delete the name and keep the below

```
& (Npc(npcNum).Level)
```

now… if you want to make a button option, put a check box in ur options menu or w/e u want it...
and call it something... ex **ChckNPCLVL**
now above this whole part here…

```
Name = Trim$(Npc(npcNum).Name)
```
add

```
frm(form location u put it).(name of checkbox) = 1 Then
```
and at the end of that… copy the origional code(withLevel or just the level that u had if u chose to remove name altogether) and go underneath the code u copied...(without placing new copy)
put

```
End If
Else
(the Copied code)
End If
End If

```
DONE now u have the code… if you want to make more edits like keeping keeping the levels and only removing name... leave a name or level whichever u pick... and make the button for that...
copy the whole thing... and then above it put
```
If frm(form ur new button is in).(newcheck button u made for the new option only) Then

```and at the whole bottom… put Else, place the copy, and edit the code u just copied to make the counterpart to finish ur button... DONE

If i made a mistake on this or my other post... the mix dev tag/player level codes tutorial please let me know... please and thank you :P

EY at least i posted the thing…I am quite proud of that work there concidering i havnt even touched a book or looked on sites for help learning the coding.. i just figured it out my seeing the code and found how to rearrange it and get the stuff i needed...

LMAO i think its hilarious… asking a 16 yr old who is learning vb just by staring at codes and never seein a lick or lesson to post more tutorials? XD
but its finee... Im learnin and id be happy to share as much as i can find... and i guess i could get some lessons from a friend how to do more stuff... hell when i learn enough ill just start fixen requests as they come...(i got alot of time on my hands o.o)

@SpiceyWolf:

> LMAO i think its hilarious… asking a 16 yr old who is learning vb just by staring at codes and never seein a lick or lesson to post more tutorials? XD
> but its finee... Im learnin and id be happy to share as much as i can find... and i guess i could get some lessons from a friend how to do more stuff... hell when i learn enough ill just start fixen requests as they come...(i got alot of time on my hands o.o)

well then i have a request i can't wait for eclipse galaxy 0.0.9 so i am asking you to try to make a ranged combat system so i can put archers in my game.it's just a request maybe for later :P

@Axis:

> i think this is very useful.You should keep on making tutorials

Thanx tho… i appreciate it... this was like the coolest thing i believe ive ever accomplished on eclipse... and my goal here was to show u how the codes were setup so u could play around with em and make more of your own... it only takes searchin a couple places on that one to show data that its pulling from the server... either way its good for that or just showing u how to add the one part >.>

ive figured out how to make buttons to show

- Player Name
- Player Level
-Dev Tags

-NPC name
- NPC Level

and im workin on trying to make it show a spell list of the enemy right now >.>

@Axis:

> well then i have a request i can't wait for eclipse galaxy 0.0.9 so i am asking you to try to make a ranged combat system so i can put archers in my game.it's just a request maybe for later :P

Hmm… well i do need it in my game as well... i do suppose i could look into it for you :)

LMFAO if u guys didnt knotice… someone finally put up a projectiles code...
and i just today figured out how to make the one i was workin on work... only problem is it still sucks...
kinda funny how i give a *within* 3 days and *within* 3 days someone else does it instead XD