Find results in...

â—‹â—‹ The Enchanter's Soul â—‹â—‹

SawQuart

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sauros:

> Hey Jungle, I though i would take the time to replace your banner. Keep it if you like it.
> ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/779e8d62eac3a677c1b777ee2db57a1a.png)

Dude that is epic anyway

*on topic*jungle if you need harry potter breeze sprite i'll be happy to get them for you.

@Sauros:

> Hey Jungle, I though i would take the time to replace your banner. Keep it if you like it.

I LOVE YOU.

@Axis:

> *on topic*jungle if you need harry potter breeze sprite i'll be happy to get them for you.

In this game, you play as an average wizard after the war. I won't be using Harry Potter sprites, but rather regular sprites with magical-ish clothing. If you could point me towards any good HP related monsters though, I would love you forever ;D

@Kyrie:

> What you could do is called it "Harry's Back to Hogwarts" Then, change every name slightly.

Rowling still sues people who use similar names as Harry. She sued a guy for making an Indian musical called "Harri Puttar", which had nothing to do with Harry Potter besides the name… So yeah, their lawyers are crazy.

I'm going to change this to a game with gameplay similar to Harry Potter, not exactly a Harry Potter game. I don't want to risk a legal battle I can't fight.

@Jungle:

> Rowling still sues people who use similar names as Harry. She sued a guy for making an Indian musical called "Harri Puttar", which had nothing to do with Harry Potter besides the name… So yeah, their lawyers are crazy.
>
> I'm going to change this to a game with gameplay similar to Harry Potter, not exactly a Harry Potter game. I don't want to risk a legal battle I can't fight.

Gotta love how Intellectual Properties work. :) Though suing over /names/ is a bit extreme. lol

@OxZaTaNxO:

> Very good name! Espero que salga pronto!

gracias! me gusta tu avatar! :P

@Navi:

> Gotta love how Intellectual Properties work. :) Though suing over /names/ is a bit extreme. lol

People in general are annoying. I don't get why they always sue over everything to solve problems and get money out of people. Like the woman who sued McDonalds because her hot coffee spilled on her…

**Updated Thread**
Okay, new game name and everything, except for the graphics. I also have a few new ideas I've made to make this game truly unique. First off, I'd like to announce that I'll be stripping out the leveling system, and changing the "stamina" bar. I'll try to break it down to you as easily as I can.

-The objective of the game is to unlock more spells. Unlike most games, all spells have different functions. With that being said, no spells are better than other spells. For example, only 1 stunning spell exists, along with only 1 chest unlocking spell.

-The skill of the player doesn't have to do with how much grinding they do. The goal of this game is to reduce grind to a minimum.

-You get rewarded for exploring. Oracles boost your "will" stat, which is explained below. Oracles are located in 'dungeons', which makes this aspect a lot like a Puzzle-like Dungeon Crawler. The game itself is not a dungeon crawler though.

-The will 'stat' is stamina. When you start off, your Will meter is full. As you learn more spells, your Will bar increases capacity, but your Will percentage goes down. In order to cast spells, you need a minimum percent of will. I'll illustrate this later for those who don't understand.

-Adventures are basically quests, but just a bit different. You can get quests by
1) finding people who can teach spells
2) completing training missions that teach you how to use the spell

-Spells can be used when not in combat, like to modify the environment by unlocking chests.

@Kemerd:

> This game…. Fails.

Can anyone ever mention WHY it fails? You're the second person who's randomly posted that without any backup.

I have the whole game idea planned out and the graphics picked. All I need is a programmer or VB6 and we'll be golden. I've made several games before and I know the inter workings of this engine. I'm tired of people saying shit about it.

@Jungle:

> Can anyone ever mention WHY it fails? You're the second person who's randomly posted that without any backup.
>
> I have the whole game idea planned out and the graphics picked. All I need is a programmer or VB6 and we'll be golden. I've made several games before and I know the inter workings of this engine. I'm tired of people saying shit about it.

Forget about him he is on a rampage to get his post count up look at his recent posts ;)

I like your work jungle as I said before good luck .

@Vitin:

> Forget about him he is on a rampage to get his post count up look at his recent posts ;)
>
> I like your work jungle as I said before good luck .

Thanks man!

By the way, Sauros has joined the team as a GUI artist and mapper. I will not be accepting any more mappers, so please do not ask. We still need a programmer or a person with VB6.

@Navi:

> Jungle, I think this has more potential then your original game. I'd like to see where you go with it, so keep up the work.

Thanks! I'm reworking all the maps now as you guys suggested. I'm not sure how I will work out dungeons though. Should it be a cave-type dungeon or a classic puzzle type dungeon? I'm liking both at the moment :P

If I get good at Visual Basic I may implement a seed generation for random dungeons. I'll have to investigate into that later though.

@Jungle:

> Thanks man!
>
> By the way, Sauros has joined the team as a GUI artist and mapper. I will not be accepting any more mappers, so please do not ask. We still need a programmer or a person with VB6.
>
> Thanks! I'm reworking all the maps now as you guys suggested. I'm not sure how I will work out dungeons though. Should it be a cave-type dungeon or a classic puzzle type dungeon? I'm liking both at the moment :P
>
> If I get good at Visual Basic I may implement a seed generation for random dungeons. I'll have to investigate into that later though.

Many people don't agree with this, but avoid generic things like quest creators or some of the the tutorials around the forum. If you must use them try to implement them as minor aspects. The best thing to do is grab a programmer who's willing and design each area individually. This way every new place, puzzle, or enemy will be different and unique, possibly even compared to more popular games.