Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[CS:DE] to [EO] Conversation system V1.1

RyokuHasu

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, could you just put up a copy of your src folder on media fire or 4shared or something and give me a download link? ive restarted trying to do this like 8 or 9 times and i'm kinda getting tired of something coming up that causes me to have to restart so please just give me a download of it.

@GeminiXcastorm:

> hey, could you just put up a copy of your src folder on media fire or 4shared or something and give me a download link? ive restarted trying to do this like 8 or 9 times and i'm kinda getting tired of something coming up that causes me to have to restart so please just give me a download of it.

It wouldn't matter. **[You need to open it with Visual Basic 6 in order to compile it (this is a link).](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68399.msg736833.html#msg736833)**

Also, please stop triple posting (where you post three posts in a row in a topic without anyone posting in between) and use the edit button instead.

I wouldn't know unless you were running it in VB6 and found the line of code that errors and showed us it and the surrounding code. Also tell us the type of error, and hover your mouse over each part of the selected line and find exactly what part of it is the error.

This would help GREATLY in solving your problem.

I need help. In my client build when I try to compile it says "Variable not defined" and highlights:
MAX_CONVS

> ' Editor edited items array
> Public Item_Changed(1 To MAX_ITEMS) As Boolean
> Public NPC_Changed(1 To MAX_NPCS) As Boolean
> Public Resource_Changed(1 To MAX_RESOURCES) As Boolean
> Public Animation_Changed(1 To MAX_ANIMATIONS) As Boolean
> Public Spell_Changed(1 To MAX_SPELLS) As Boolean
> Public Shop_Changed(1 To MAX_SHOPS) As Boolean
> Public Conv_Changed(1 To MAX_CONVS) As Boolean

Thanks in advance! :)

1) PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO READ!

2) PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO SOLVE SUCH MINOR ERRORS ON THEIR OWN!

Really! Is it so hard to understand that "Variable not defined" means that its MISSING and you just have to ADD that variable to the project in the right spot! I'm done pointing out where simple things go for right now. Either re-read the tutorial or figure it out! Hint- I saw it in the first few seconds of reading the tutorial.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO SOLVE "Variable not defined" FOR THEMSELVES!!!

@Rxanti: I'm sorry its not your fault I blew up, it just gets annoying that no one can think for themselves.

@Ryoku:

> 1) PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO READ!
>
> 2) PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO SOLVE SUCH MINOR ERRORS ON THEIR OWN!
>
> Really! Is it so hard to understand that "Variable not defined" means that its MISSING and you just have to ADD that variable to the project in the right spot! I'm done pointing out where simple things go for right now. Either re-read the tutorial or figure it out! Hint- I saw it in the first few seconds of reading the tutorial.
>
> EVERYONE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO SOLVE "Variable not defined" FOR THEMSELVES!!!
>
> @Rxanti: I'm sorry its not your fault I blew up, it just gets annoying that no one can think for themselves.

It's alright and you're right I could've probably figured it out on my own I was in a hurry when I was doing this my apology

@Rxanti:

> I need help. In my client build when I try to compile it says "Variable not defined" and highlights:
> MAX_CONVS
> Thanks in advance! :)

@Ryoku:

> **BOTH CLIENT AND SERVER**
>
> In mod constants
>
> under ' General constants add
> ```
> Public Const MAX_CONVS As Byte = 255
>
> ```

okay, my biggest issue is how do u open frm.main? vb6 dosnt even load it, i dont know. i open my src file, and it wont appear, so i change the file type to all files and i open the file and it says fail to load. all it says is fail to load and it wont tell me the code. am i opening the wrong file?

I've did correctly the tutorial many times. But always the same thing, when I click on the cmdConv to show the frmEditor_Conv , nothing appear …
(I have add the extra files, don't worry about that, like I'd say it, I've did correctly the tutoriel)

Thank you for your help. ;)

You do realize that you say that about every tutorial u have tried… Clearly u are missing steps bro... Did u add this part?```
If GetPlayerAccess(MyIndex) < ADMIN_DEVELOPER Then
AddText "You need to be a high enough staff member to do this!", AlertColor
Exit Sub
End If

SendRequestEditConv
```

@Wilfre:

> Every time, i try to open the modConv, it says its a php file… and i'm wondering why PHP is used in a VB6 made game that doesn't need a web browser to work?

Wut?

Did you mess something up and it's now opening files in some sort of PHP IDE?