Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EO's Networking System

Rithy58

I understand why **Public HandleDataSub(CMSG_COUNT) As Long** is used in the Server but then it is the same in the Client. I was expecting **Public HandleDataSub(SMSG_COUNT) As Long** to be used. Why is that?

I kinda have an idea of what **DoEvents** is and what it does but I don't understand why it is being use. Can someone explain that to me, please?

Sincerely,
Rithy

I believe the DoEvents is to allow the processing of multiple packets instead of adding them to a queue and doing then one by one.

As for the sub header, I can't help you other than maybe the client shouldn't be recieving more packets than it sends? (just a quick guess, not on a desktop research it.)

I see. Thanks for explaining. Comment it out doesn't make any noticeable effect but I'll leave it out.

And I'm still wondering about the HandleDataSub. I think it could be a bug made by a drunk developer since the Enum of Packets was suppose to be the same in both Client and Server so the developer simply copy it from the Server and paste into the Client and missed that the C is suppose to be an S. I don't know the exact amount of Client Packets and Server Packets but the reason this hasn't caused trouble yet is probably because there are more Client Packets than Server Packets.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Robin:

> Pretty much. When I add new packet headers I just copy + paste the enumeration so I don't screw up the order. Must have just copied one line too many once and never realised it.
>
> Easy fix, though.

Should I report it as a bug in the official thread?
And yeah, I changed the C to S and everything still work perfectly, not that it wasn't working before but you know, just for precaution.

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,
Rithy