Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Creating Kara - 3D

Captain

So, I've been wanting to learn 3D for the longest time, and so I went looking for a tutorial, or even a series of tuts that would help me reach my goal of amazingness. I found this: http://www.blendercookie.com/2010-blender-training/

And purchased it. Best $70 spent in my whole life. They teach you absolutely everything you need to know to create and animate a character. I am only so far in, but it has been exciting. Here is Kara, a WIP:

![](http://localhostr.com/file/AUUMbxg/scrn3.png)

I am excited to finish her and work on an original character. 3D is really fun, and is actually a lot easier than I had anticipated.

Aren't there ways in Blender of rounding off those flat edges you have in that model?

@Robin:

> July registration doesn't exactly constitute 'long time' membership. Technically advertising with anything under 25 posts is against the rules. This isn't an advertisement, though.

Agreed.

@Robin:

> July registration doesn't exactly constitute 'long time' membership. Technically advertising with anything under 25 posts is against the rules. This isn't an advertisement, though.

Captain… are there any other people on this forum who have names denoting rank?

@Jungle:

> Aren't there ways in Blender of rounding off those flat edges you have in that model?

If he's using it in a video game, he would probably want to have as few polys as possible.

@Kreator:

> A bit of your own creativity is always good input. Legs definitely should be proportionate. They should be the same size as the chest, neck and head together.

Said someone who plays Zelda games.

If you wanted to go with a style like that - it looks great. Maybee I would fix some issues with the waist area but apart from that I like it and a game with all characters having that kind of look would be cool.

If you made the anatomy like that because you think a human specimen looks like that, buy eyeglasses or consult Azure.