Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Starting the work with VB6

Wilauzaz

Hello everyone, i know i **will sound stupid.**

I installed VB6 today nad was trying to add the crafting system to server. Well, even though i had Vb6, i used my notepad for editing the whole files. After that i just added frm_editoritem file, and was hoping it would work… That's why i said i will sound stupid >.> Well it dosent. I was aware of that.

Now, i figured that there might be something i need to do with the VB6 after i insert the codes.

It took me a while to actualy manage to GET THE VB6 EDIT THE THINGS I WANT. I was staring at the empty screen of vb for around 10mins, trying to add the 'ModGeneral' to it. Well, i finaly managed to do it...
[![](http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/770/truthb.jpg)](http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/truthb.jpg/)

Well… What do i do now? :| How do i make codes "work" ? How do i "export" them back? I've heard u have to compile them (or something) but im not too sure, and i messed up enough things today >.<

Thanks in advance.

@Beanie93:

> You don't open the files individually, you open the Project file, the client.VBP or server.VBP.

OOoooh, so that Vb6 icon at the server/client folder DOES do something *facepalm's himself*

And after that? I simply save project? No need to do any "EXTRA" stuff?
Oh and by the way, it asked me about some "source secure" mod.. and i quickly pressed no (dont ask why, im really tired) ._.' Was that really bad?

And thank you for your help, much appreciated :}

Yes, you open the project files, then click the Save icon, or go to File -> Save.
So your changes make effect, you need to write the .EXE. To do so, go to File -> Make namehere.exe

About that "Source Secure" thing, I don't have a clear idea, never happened to me.

@Beanie93:

> Yes, you open the project files, then click the Save icon, or go to File -> Save.
> So your changes make effect, you need to write the .EXE. To do so, go to File -> Make namehere.exe
>
> About that "Source Secure" thing, I don't have a clear idea, never happened to me.

So each time i add/edit anything in the script, i save it, **then** make the name.exe and launch it, right? :)

@Wilauzaz:

> So each time i add/edit anything in the script, i save it, **then** make the name.exe and launch it, right? :)

Yes, but you should always compile/debug before saving and writing the .EXE, just in case something doesn't go the way you want.