Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Create a runtime

Jacquelinett

Hi guy, i tried to make a runtime for Crystalshire, i downloaded install creator and create a install contain the follow thing:

cmcs21.ocx
COMCAT.DLL
dx8vb.dll
msvbvm60.dll
Mswinsck.ocx
oleaut32.dll
olepro32.dll
Richtx32.ocx
stdole2.tlb
Tabctl32.ocx
MSCOMCTL32.OCX

These files are going to install in system32 folder.
I created the installer, yay, now i sent it to my friend to install, then he got runtime error 429: Active X can't create object. Help?

after that, i even give him the crystalshire installer, nothing changed. Same error

there are installers that you can get that will literally just run the ELI then setup your game using a few extra screens such as an EULA. I was using one that ran the ELI, setup the auto-updater, then the game, and then opened the updater upon completion. This is also good when you setup the updater to be the main exe and run the game on exit.

@Shadowwulf:

> there are installers that you can get that will literally just run the ELI then setup your game using a few extra screens such as an EULA. I was using one that ran the ELI, setup the auto-updater, then the game, and then opened the updater upon completion. This is also good when you setup the updater to be the main exe and run the game on exit.

what are the ELI and EULA? :P

by the way, i send to another guy using window vista, worked well. But the guy using window 7 got this error

@TianaJRP:

> what are the ELI and EULA? :P
>
> by the way, i send to another guy using window vista, worked well. But the guy using window 7 got this error

Tell him to right click, go into properties and go into the tab 'Compatibility'.
Once there, tell him to click the box that says 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' and select 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)'.
Also tell him to select the box next to 'Run this program as administrator'.

Hope I helped.