• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Veridian: The First Age

dxxknight

@[member="Hackertatio"]

@[member="JSventoraGD"]

@[member="Dungeon Master"]

Thank you guys we really appreciate the support! We can't wait until we can start letting you guys play.

Since everyone keeps liking the screenshots I'm going to keep posting them :D

Here is the local tavern in Norn Faldir:

![](http://www.dxxentertainment.com/pics/Tavern.png)

*Note This map is not finale and the NPCs are just place holders at the moment*

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Dxxknight. It looks really nice!

The only thing, and it might just be me, but it's hard to distinguish the people. To me they seem to blend in with the background. I'm not sure how you would fix that, if it is even an issue. I love the look of everything, i just wish the characters stood out more.

@[member="Hackertatio"]

Thank you so much! Like I said before it means alot to hear that you guys like what we are doing.

@[member="Gwendalin"]

Thank you so much! I hope we can keep doing a good job.

I do see what you mean in the screenshot it does seem like they blend. Although in game at least for me it's really easy to distinguish them. Once we get you guys playing then you guys can tell us how it looks.

Here is another screenshot for you guys!

This is the _Norn Faldir Blacksmith/forgery_

![](http://www.dxxentertainment.com/pics/Blacksmith.png)

*Note again this map is not finale and the character(s) are place holders*

@[member="Hackertatio"]

I don't think I can do anything to make them stand out anymore. Like i said in-game at least for me I have no problem distinguishing them. If you guys have any suggestions though please let me know and I'll definitely try.

Very happy to have joined the team of Veridian I thought of taking up a new project as I am only working on The Five Heroes at the moment and I need other stuff to do!

UPDATE: I have not officially joined the team @[member="dxxknight"] must ask the rest of the team.

@[member="Hackertatio"]

Thanks for your support and offering to help us it really does mean alot!

@[member="Thomas Slusny"]

Haha this is true. Don't worry though I'm really loving this engine and now we are putting custom features into it. Plus I'm with you guys, I'm tired of us starting over. So we have been working hard give you guys the best Veridian we can!

@[member="Henrik"]

Thanks alot! I really love your mapping as well sometime I look at your game thread when i need some inspiration. I'm glad you like the story as well, that is one of my favorite things about Veridian.

**News[5/20/15]**

Exciting news today for all you fans of Veridian!

Today starts the first contest for Veridian! The winner of this contest will get some nice in-game items once Veridian releases. The contest is to see which of you can guess just by this picture what this quest will be about. If no one gets it then we will go to the closest one to the right answer.

![](http://www.dxxentertainment.com/pics/contest.png)

**Prize:**

1000 crystals(Premium currency)

In-game Contest winner title

**How will you get the items?**

Once Veridian is released then on our forums you will send me a pm with your in-game name and your account name on eclipse. Then I will send you your items.

The winner is(Que dramatic music)…

@[member="Hackertatio"]

The quest doesn't have to do with a murder because that skeleton has been dead for along time. Basically you walk in and the door locks behind you and you find that the skeleton and it's spirit have been locked in the house due to a curse(The symbols) After breaking the curse the spirit will ask you to put his body back to rest. That's all I'll give away so we don't have to many spoilers haha.

Okay So Hackertatio remember when we hit alpha testing to hit me up with a PM on the forums and we will get you you're reward.

Thank you everyone who participated! There will be more contests coming up so more opportunities for winners so stay tuned!

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone!

We at DxxEntertainment would like to apologize for the lack of updates as of recently. We do however have alot of big news to share with you all! 

The biggest news is the engine change. This change has opened alot of new doors for Veridian and has broken the wall of the limitations we once had. Here is a list of all the new features we have thanks to this engine.

>! * Optimization(This engine has very few bugs that we have found and I've tried just about everything.)
* Amazing new features to the event system
* Working Quest system
* Day/night system
* Terrain system
* Dynamic weather system
* Mount system
* Projectiles
* Fun ranged combat
* The allowance to use RPG VX style(Which helps us out so much)
* Membership system
* And so many other amazing features thanks to Jaxx!

In other News Veridian is moving along pretty well. Currently I've been the only one working on it since everyone else is busy with life and other things. Don't fear! I won't stop working on Veridian just bear with me on the updating since I am working on this project on my own and I do have work and a girlfriend so I can be busy. I will try my best to update you guys when I get significant work done.

Anyway on to Veridian!

I have some pretty awesome(Well I hope you guys will like it) news! With this engine we have been able to get a bounty system in Veridian. This bounty system will work more like the one you see in the Witcher 3\. You will find a bounty board in a town and sometimes there will be bounties other times there might not be.

>! ![](http://dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/bounty.png)

• 4 weeks later...
**Night Raid:**

Norn Faldir is normally a peaceful place to be until the sun disappears then you best be ready because these Rebels are no enemy to be taken lightly…

>! ![](http://dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/raid.png)

That's right now at night, Rebels will attack and it's up to you to help the Guards in defending this great city.

@GalacticGlum
Thanks alot! It means alot to us and we hope we can make you guys proud and make a great game.

![](http://dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/logo2.png)

**The Updated Entrance to Norn Faldir:**

>! ![](http://dxxentertainment.com/Veridian/pics/Faldir2.png)

I've currently been working mostly on mapping but I'm already getting close to all the maps we need for Alpha testing. All of the outdoor maps will be scrolling at about 40x40 which are decent sized maps.

After mapping everything out I will be going into creating the quests (We already have a strong story written out and I plan on bringing all of it alive. Along with some fun side quests when you wish to take a break from the story.