Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

World map

DMF

it looks like someone spit, snot, shit, and threw up on your canvas. graphically its cool, dunno if it would suffice for a world map. haha. try to eliminate the "bottly fluid" look.

EDIT:

I think there's blood on there too. Haha.

I would not use on a world map . .looks like your world maps environment is out of tact.i mean there's no sense of seasons as all  or even terrain looks like you just started throwing shit together to try to make it like a map .. nice effort . . but next time try to use common knowledge of nature and look at the world map . South should be desert type and north should be cold and brutal mid center should be forest and plentiful of nature.Nice effort though!

well newbie @| dont comment till u grow up. :) the red is lava buring areas lighter type is dead rock and green is grass if u cant tell @| and water has leveling as in depth. >.> i posted dis b/c none of ya know wat a map even looks like. next try to enlarge it. or download it. u will see hell more detail then in the sites tumb nails. @| and nub ur trolling to insult. if dats how u are u wont be here long like the other nubs.

@Zarkaus:

> next try to enlarge it.

…so I pulled this from your block of ignorance. I have to hand it to you. You were right. All I had to do was enlarge it...

![](http://i55.tinypic.com/16jekas.png)

…so much more detail...

@Zarkaus:

> and nub ur trolling to insult. if dats how u are u wont be here long like the other nubs.

…um? I was just giving you some CC. After your "comeback" I can totally understand how you think that what you produced was an efficient world map. Well anyway, back to what I said, looks cool...I guess...

The grass looks ok, but the water looks really bad. Kinda looks like you took a tye died shirt pattern and called it water. The lava looks decent but it's quite an expansive area if that's your "world map". I'd never use it but I guess if you think it's super amazing that your opinion. But I don't like it at all.

@Zarkaus:

> well newbie @| dont comment till u grow up.

How do you know he isn't a professional graphic designer who just decided to come here because he was bored?  Post count means nothing.

Anyways, it looks like shit.  The light source seems pretty inconsistent, there are bad transitions and the geography of it is bad.  That's not how rivers and lakes work ):

did u just say ur mother nature? dude things dont work same as earth @| dont post unless ur unsful XD and him a graphic designer. dude  making stuff for fun mean i aint even serious nor i ever say i was gonna use it.
learn dat rest of u ppl never put up good image.

People here arent being very clear on what is exactly wrong, but being a jerk back wont help.

You should pull you're thumb out of your ass and take it as critism, the worldmap isint perfect, i honestly think its a good effort and the textures are quite well done. (however you did them)

The colors are arent the best, and there are sudden texture/color changes which seem unnatural, same with the geografi. The water looks okay, but not in a worldmap perspective.. you don't see waves and water textures from space view. The islands look like a total different style, almost like they were made by different people. Lava does not look like lava, looks like somebody spilled red colour all over the place.. Anyway yeah, there are some more minor problems here and there, but really there is more problems in that map than there is good stuff. People arent just talking shit about your artwork.

@| u at lest make sense. but i threw it together in 30mins and i removed the wave and used hue dark blue rock. . taken first the shap of water and added plazma, divided it. then multipyed between plazma layer and the shape then embosed to give height and then applyed same ground rock with color option. btw i used gimp not photo shop. >.> ill make a better 1 today. and btw hate crit is not very liked b/c dats all ppl like to say on this site. i hell not talking about me.

@Zarkaus:

> ![](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=74978.0;attach=19308;image)

The graphics look good, but why does it cut off half way through the land. The edge needs to be all sea. Also, what are the red sections?

@AmSamurai:

> ![](http://i55.tinypic.com/16jekas.png)

This doesn't look realistic at all, you need to work on getting the shape of the land right.

@Lenton:

> The graphics look good, but why does it cut off half way through the land. The edge needs to be all sea.

No, it doesn't. Not every setting is based off a civilization that has explored their entire world.

Graphically it looks alright, but the topography of the world doesn't make any sense at all. Mountains are just in blobs where you want them, and water just goes wherever. Why would a river, which has a path directly to the sea going straight north, wander east across land to fill another lake?

oks 1 :) here another 1 out of my boredom!
next all nice points, remember most signs on earth state it was 1 content at 1 time. and from space things look different. next Red as i said before i lava pits. :) heres another hope u likey@Anna:

> Not if you map your game properly. Not all terrain is passable. You don't need oceans for a border.

yup and no. you can map a entire planet thanks to the D maps of eo. make a planet in about 50 maps @| then another 20 for city scape and inside places caves and such wow u made ur own personal planet :). but yup and no for water borders. b/c u can make the whole ocean and just add more  to your game like a big ride able boat to sail on your ocean. @| possableitys are limited by the human mind. and my cookies
@Anna:

> No, it doesn't. Not every setting is based off a civilization that has explored their entire world.
>
> Graphically it looks alright, but the topography of the world doesn't make any sense at all. Mountains are just in blobs where you want them, and water just goes wherever. Why would a river, which has a path directly to the sea going straight north, wander east across land to fill another lake?

y north some things like ice age will explain this. ice frozen this way in the craters and ice hevey deep where rivers where making the shape nature dont have a strick format. :)@Lenton:

> The graphics look good, but why does it cut off half way through the land. The edge needs to be all sea. Also, what are the red sections?
>
> This doesn't look realistic at all, you need to work on getting the shape of the land right.

it doesn't XD under that is ice cap. and top of planet is all water.

Sir, I'm afraid your planet does not align.
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/d4b91eb9f95bd3e768349701bf8b9398.png)

The mist is nice for cinematic purposes but I think you should make the map as clear as possible by removing it.

as did i here your proof to make u feel SOO SMART ill explain Y mines not spliced. >.> i went to college and took photo shop. i do know how to make seemless. and mines not spliced. the cut offs made difference. now next 3d and gui art is my direct area. and im an manga artist. i am not where @| bad i just post my scraps i do for fun and stress relever  here. :) now go bk to photo shop and leave what sphere 3d is and u see y Sphereize dont work. they each has its own function. and 1 will splice 1 wont.

1 u never Saw the edges :D , i had cut it off a section and not the middle. XD b/c u only had a middle. reason u dont get it. b/c u dont get photoshop. @| nor gimp or anthing with a pixtel draw in it. left side sideways line barly visable is the seem. :P get glass;s

@| wow again ur missing a good percent smarty :3 u really should stop. b/c 1 i proved u wrong and u keep going. when u make an idea based on a pice of something u never get the whole picture. @|now tell me when u grow up. TOPIC LOCKED

BTW Completed form.