Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crystalshire:Developer's Edition-For Dummies

Rob Janes

ok i downloed the file then there was no server in the server FILE and i downloed the EO drownloads at the top ^ then i put the server in the server file run it and it was working

i run the client try to make a account then i go warrior and the server give me a error / game

Run time error '9' subscript  out off range

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Murdock:

> This is great, thanks Rob!

No problem, What I release requires some common Eclipse knowledge, and I don't plan to cater or hand-hold anyone who can't get it running.  For those that know how to get it up and running, this is for you.

PS: I've done a few other changes I'll upload latest version in a few minutes.  Added in a new DX8 weather engine for rain and snow rendering textures.  :)

@sillfox:

> ok i downloed the file then there was no server in the server FILE and i downloed the EO drownloads at the top ^ then i put the server in the server file run it and it was working
>
> i run the client try to make a account then i go warrior and the server give me a error / game
>
> Run time error '9' subscript  out off range

So, you're using a default EO server… your name shouldn't be sillfox... it should be sillyfox.
You need to use a CS:DE server... but your problem is that there's no server.exe in the folder, right? You compile the server from it's source project, which should be called server.VBP.

![](http://www.splatteredgame.com/WhosOnUI.png)

The 'For Dummies' version now has a 'Who's Online' list; it's also my first attempt at a UI, so excuse it's horribleness.

Still debating on what to tackle next.  A UI editor so that people can 'Click-Drag' their UI objects and customize their UI without the need for VB6.  Or I may tackle a decent quest engine for CS:DE.  Who knows?  I'll keep showing off progress.

With the current CS:DE For Dummies I've released, you can edit the following windows by manually editing the interface.ini file (the editor would simply allow you to do it by clicking and dragging rather than using Notepad to edit the INI file)

Movable Windows:
GUI_Chat
GUI_Hotbar
GUI_Menu
GUI_Bars
GUI_Inventory
GUI_Spells
GUI_Character
GUI_Options
GUI_Party
GUI_Description
GUI_MainMenu
GUI_Shop
GUI_WhosOn

@RobJanes:

> With the current CS:DE For Dummies I've released, you can edit the following windows by manually editing the interface.ini file (the editor would simply allow you to do it by clicking and dragging rather than using Notepad to edit the INI file)
>
> Movable Windows:
> GUI_Chat
> GUI_Hotbar
> GUI_Menu
> GUI_Bars
> GUI_Inventory
> GUI_Spells
> GUI_Character
> GUI_Options
> GUI_Party
> GUI_Description
> GUI_MainMenu
> GUI_Shop
> GUI_WhosOn

Amazing. Is the whole GUI custom? Or only the Who's On list?

@Bean, I don't update the download link.
@Prince, Thanks for pointing that out.

I'll be including my new custom 'UI' with the next release, I've opted to go with a quest engine rather than a UI editor for now as you can edit the UI through the INI file if necessary.

Teaser of course :)
![](http://www.splatteredgame.com/NewUI.png)

Hahah, All I did was simply change the location of the UI elements.  But my own spin on the UI using Paint.NET so that it doesn't look like Crystalshire, and add some small programming changes.

The biggest chunk of work was done by Robin for the engine, and Chakk (previous Chakkra) for the custom tiles.

It's been a fairly productive day, but it's time to call it a night.

The goal is to get a small ready to play, "out of the box" game created in CS:DE, that people can take the source and learn or build upon for their own game.

I have no idea what I'm going to call it, and the premise will stick to my old "Not Another MMORPG" story that I was working on in EO, I'm simply doing it in CS:DE now.

I got quite a bit accomplished today
+ Got the game UI designed to where I feel it's not too overwhelming or too vibrant, and compliments the theme nicely.
+ Tackled the server-side functions for the quest engine.

Tomorrow's to-do list
+ Client side functions for quest engine.
+ Mp3 Support
+ Animated 'intro' login screen

I'll gladly take any helping hands on the project.  While I don't need any coders (I'm not ready to share the code just yet, I'll be releasing it once the game is 'stable'), I do need some pixel artists and mappers.  PM me if you're interested. 

To finish the night, the latest screenshot!
![](http://www.splatteredgame.com/NewUI2.png)

Before tackling the client-side quest system today, I changed the 'shift-to-walk' code so that you can hold down 'shift-to-run' which doubles the players speed but a stamina bar appears and you can only run for 6 seconds (at level 1), your stamina increases per level letting you run farther.