Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Frozen trees opinions needed.

so i have been trying to make some winterized trees for my game, only i feel im having a hard time getting the palette right, or even the trees right, i used the same style i have my normal trees in but it just doesnt seem to look like snow is about, more like fully covered in ice.  but anyways for now this is what i got going on.  so id like some opinions on what tree looks the best, or some ideas how to make them better, less busy maybe? 

trees dont seem to be a hot topic and winter trees even less so.

![](http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/283/b/8/snowtrees_by_sotvotkong-d4chexu.jpg)

Well… it doesn't look good at all I'm afraid. Mainly because of the colors - I see what you dud there, but it looks like random noise.

Another thing is - I do understand that copy-pasting the same leaf all around is easier, but you do need to put more effort in it.

Like Kusy says. You should make several leaf-clusters and put them in in layers. Have a look at Anna's tutorial for making an entire tileset in Photoshop, it's mega-useful. Also, look at how ice appears, it's transparent, so try and add some glazed-over green to it.

well annas tut doesnt really help me out, im already using a similar style, if i had no idea at all then it would be a great start, it was mainly my 1 leaf and poor color choices i guess.  i apreciate the input and ill post back once i have a newer snow tree to show you guys, and see were else to improve.

ok so heres the newer tree, better colors and a slightly better leaf.

![](http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/287/4/9/snowtres_by_sotvotkong-d4ctz43.jpg)