Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Playing online.

xppxdd

Hi :)

So im trying to publish my game for some friends, i did everything right, changed the configs open a DMZ in my router ETC…

still, no one can login or register.. "the server is down".

my theory is that the server is running on the router LAN  (or how its called) which is only available to the computers that connected to him.

in the server form the title the IP shows the 192.168.2.X which is my router address(X=the number that the router gave to my comp)

any suggestion? :O

TThanks

BTW: I dont have problem runing a minecraft or others games server :Z

If you had done everything right, it would probably work, right?

So make sure the routes are correct.
your router ext ip : 7001 -> your lan ip : 7001
If so, make sure your router supports that function. There are some routers which "have" this feature but it's deactivated…

We don't need to know your ip. OK just check the questions:
1\. Did you use 7001 0r 4000 port?
2\. Did you go to portforward.com and port your router correctly?
3\. Did you get the correct ip from ipchicken.com or whats my ip on Google search?
4\. Did you put your correct ip in the .config notepad file?
5\. If you changed your port did you do it in the server file as well?
6\. Is your fire wall open? <–- (I had to get someone to help me with this)

@xppxdd:

> Hi :)
>
> So im trying to publish my game for some friends, i did everything right, changed the configs open a DMZ in my router ETC…
>
> still, no one can login or register.. "the server is down".
>
> my theory is that the server is running on the router LAN  (or how its called) which is only available to the computers that connected to him.
>
> in the server form the title the IP shows the 192.168.2.X which is my router address(X=the number that the router gave to my comp)
>
> any suggestion? :O
>
> TThanks
>
> BTW: I dont have problem runing a minecraft or others games server :Z

You have to portforward. Make sure the IP's and ports are the same in both the server and client folder. Go to http://www.ipchicken.com and get your IP and save it in a notepad file. Go to 192.168.1.1 to log into your router. Go to ports and add an exception for whatever your port is.

@Annahstas:

> We don't need to know your ip. OK just check the questions:
> 1\. Did you use 7001 0r 4000 port?
> 2\. Did you go to portforward.com and port your router correctly?
> 3\. Did you get the correct ip from ipchicken.com or whats my ip on Google search?
> 4\. Did you put your correct ip in the .config notepad file?
> 5\. If you changed your port did you do it in the server file as well?
> 6\. Is your fire wall open? <–- (I had to get someone to help me with this)

1\. 7001
2\. did, for ports 7001-7050 (for 49 player right?)
3.  did from IPCHICKEN.
4\. putted IPCHICKEN in the config.
5\. didnt change they the same.
6\. i disable it from the control panel though there maybe anather way? XD

@stevendee96, i did what you said, not working :(

–--
ive made a server state checker with PHP and its said that in the IP from the config and the Port from config is online...  so WTF :O

the IP in the title of the server.exe isnt the ext IP ...

xppxd

1) obtain your local IP address (not your router address, as this is different again)
2) obtain your WAN IP address (this is the one that www.whatismyip.com can give you)
3) find your router model and make (brand name)
4) go to http://portforward.com and click the link from the list that is your routers model and make
5) it will show you an ad for an automatic tool. ignore it and click the top right link on the page to skip it
6) at the end of the top paragraph on the page that opens, you will see a link for a default guide. choose this.
7) FOLLOW THE GUIDE.
8) the general idea is traffic rocking up at your WAN (world) address gets forwarded from your ISP to your router, and your router then forwards it to your computer hosting the server. You only need the single port the game server is listening on to be forwarded. I recommend 8087.

9) now comes the fun bit, if people still can't connect to you, you most likely have firewall issues. Windows defender + firewall combo are bastards like this. You can change their settings to add an exception for inbound traffic on your port in your control panel.

That should sort out any issues. Try it and let me know how you go.

If you're still having issues and have two computers, try to connect across the LAN to the other computer, this will determine if it is a firewall or a router issue.