Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AI Challenge Fall 2011

Keebler Elf

@Rithy58:

> …You need to install python and **make sure you set up your environmental variable so terminal understand the command python**…

wut? x.x that is where you lost me =/

and all this stuff involving the ".cmb"  files is something hard for me to grasp. To me it looks like gibberish with no syntax. 

@ Robin, you really are a d!ck, so go suck yourself.

Hey guys! I have a major tip!
I, myself don't know how to program yet you guys knew and I have been watching matches and I now see the cons and pros to let you win!

1\. Make ants go in packs or groups.
2\. Try separating foragers to attackers.
3\. If able try making them go back to their hive every now and then.

So if this helps I'm glad helping you.

@314piwm:

> There might be an error in that code, at the beginning of the findPath command.  I have the row and col values flipped (fail)

EDIT: I just checked. The value for Row and Column  doesn't seem to be flipped or anything. They seem fine to me. Not sure why it never return the path in the If statement. It always return null.

This is the first time I'm developing an AI so all these are pretty new to me. Anyway, I researched the A* Algorithm and I somewhat understand the pseudocode of it. When I look at your code, it look about right. However, when I use it, findPath always return null.

I'm looking into what you said now and also analyzing the code more. I thought it would just work but there seem to be a few small problems in it.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@314piwm:

> This code seems to be working for me.  I think I might have made some changes to it..
> http://pastie.org/2815489

What is Order? I don't think I have that one. Do you mind helping me over MSN or something?
It would save me a lot of trouble if I can get this pathfinding to work.

Sincerely,
Rithy