Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lots of Noob Questions.. :)

Yonkox

Well, I'm really sorry, but I don't know a lot of this topic… Also I don't speak very well English... I'll try to write well :)

I followed the official guides, and get to the part of Visual Basic... There, I've got a lot of questions...

1\. How do I edit texts, messages and texts backgrounds (menu and main)? (ex. 'Save Password' has black background as default)
I know it's with VB6, but, how?

2\. Everything to edit the game is in the Admin Panel? There's not another way to map?

3\. How do I make a global and map chat? (Global: every player - Map: players on my map)

4\. I saw a party system with experience plus, how do I do that? (ex. Party level up, and each levle means 1% extra exp for each member - Party level 28 = +28%)

5\. I don't understand how to delete everything when I'm mapping from the Admin Panel

6\. How can I edit the chatbox messages, and backgrounds? There's a way to delete message's backgrounds? (ex. chatbox has black background even if the GUI has is white)

That's all by now. Thanks to everyone who read, tried to answer and thanks to you if you're going to answer :)
I really appreciate your help!

PS: If you're Chilean, or Latinamerican, felicitaciones, te notifico que estoy trabajando en un Zelda Online (falta lo que pregunté arriba, y nos lanzamos :D)

Hope this helps a bit.
2\. type /editmap

3\. There already is global and map chat. To do send a global msg type a –> ' <-- before your message.
Also there is a tutorial for adding chat channel buttons.

4\. Not too sure what you mean but their is a tutorial for adding party levels.

5\. umm do you not see the "clear" button? it will delete things.

6\. There is a tutorial for making your chat box transparent so you can see your gui.

[**FAQ**](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,67631.0.html)
[**All of the source tutorials you are looking for are on this page**](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,75901.0.html)

Mostly everything Justn said. You might wanna type in /help (?) for extra information. But I am confused regarding 4\. and your postscript at the end. You're saying all you have to solve before you launch your game are these questions and you don't even know how to follow a tutorial? o_o

@ Justn:
I'll try everything you told me. Will answer later. Talking about the question #2, I was wondering if there's another map editor, 'cuase I don't like that…

@ Taegan:
I know how to follow a tutorial, but it's quietly hard to search around this forum...

EDIT: Theres another thing I don't understand... When in this tutorial for transparent chatbox, says open client, it means client.vbp or client.exe ?

There's a lot of modding involved with these things; and you can also type in commands to get to various editors, and they'll open up without the admin menu.
You can edit the GFX under Client>Data Files>Graphics        and various things are here. If you want to do the menus, go Client>Data Files>Graphics>GUI>            and choose what to edit.  Hope this helps!