Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Am I the only straight guy here who likes The Phantom of the Opera-2004?

DrNova

@Azure:

> Next person to make a blind crack will be reported. If it's a staff member I'll take it up with marshy dearest Dearest. The joke stopped being funny months ago, and I'm really tired of seeing it again and again in every thread I post in.
>
> Opera is music, you listen to music. I am not missing much just because you can see people dressed up while singing… Broadway, Opera, a Music Video. All the same thing.

I'm not making blind jokes Azure. I'm saying that you are wrong. And it's impossible to argue the point. I'm not taking away your pleasure in listening to stuff, I'm only saying that you do miss a lot if you choose to or can't watch it, and a classical opera or a good musical can be ducked up by choreography and scenography, and the other way around.

Sorry, but implying that music videos are just as appealing without watching them is radicchio.

Reported. I've mentioned plenty of times that my sight isn't so poor I can't watch tv, play games, or enjoy other things. In fact I usually get front row seats so there isn't much I miss. You'll be reported every time you mention my sight until you stop. I asked nicely.

Your ignorant assertions that vision affects intelligence, quality of life, and well just about anything that actually matters is ridiculous.

@Bonk:

> I don't see how Kusy was being offensive. He was merely stating that Opera is nothing without the visual beauty, a point I've got to agree on.
>
> Relax.

"stating that Opera is nothing without visual beauty." That's it in a nutshell. Right, and you sit and watch it on mute? That's just stupid.

@Robin, deal with it. I asked for it to stop. I'm pretty tired of being told I don't know what I'm talking about, or having my points thrown aside without care because you lot have an exaggerated notion of what my vision is.

Azure. I don't get pissed off every time some idiot white person says "haha your black so u nevar get job" Or some other racial stereotype. I deal with it. (and eventually end up hitting them repeatedly)

Kusy isn't going to stop, and Robin isn't going to do anything about it.

@Your:

> Azure. I don't get pissed off every time some idiot white person says "haha your black so u nevar get job" Or some other racial stereotype. I deal with it. (and eventually end up hitting them repeatedly)
>
> Kusy isn't going to stop, and Robin isn't going to do anything about it.

haha your black so u nevar get job

Anyways in the rules it states, Do not Harass or insult other members. This is exactly what I've been seeing.

Ok Azure, we get you don't like people talking about your sight anymore. Now duck you.

You're saying that watching a music video, musical, opera is pointless, because it's the music that matters, I say you're wrong, you report me. Master plan of the year. If music videos were pointless people wouldn't make them, some music videos give sense to the whole track, opera is not a musical concert because it's just as much about visuals as about the music.

Saying that watching a muted music video or ducking mimes dancing on a stage is just as valuable experience as having sound in it makes exactly the same amount of sense as the nonsense you're spilling.

So that's the funny thing. Nobody said anything about your sight since you posted that you don't like it. Stop acting like a kid.

What's the point of watching a music video on mute? None. Why? because you don't hear the music. So would you watch an Opera without the music? No. The music is the only important thing about it. Now go back and read what I said, because that's what I said the first time.

I'd comment on your 'rebuttal' to my request, but I know you are only doing to "cover your ass." This isn't "just being a kid" because I've asked you to stop doing it a few times.

@Azure:

> What's the point of watching a music video on mute? None. Why? because you don't hear the music. So would you watch an Opera without the music? No. The music is the only important thing about it. Now go back and read what I said, because that's what I said the first time.
>
> I'd comment on your 'rebuttal' to my request, but I know you are only doing to "cover your ass." This isn't "just being a kid" because I've asked you to stop doing it a few times.

It's a visual audio experience. To get the full experience as the producer created it you need both. Saying the visuals are pointless is just like saying the music is pointless. Both parts are used together to create the experience.

If the visuals meant nothing then why would it even be there in the first place? You're being overly sensitive here which is surprising, especially as you're in the wrong.

@Robin:

> It's a visual audio experience. To get the full experience as the producer created it you need both. Saying the visuals are pointless is just like saying the music is pointless. Both parts are used together to create the experience.
>
> If the visuals meant nothing then why would it even be there in the first place? You're being overly sensitive here which is surprising, especially as you're in the wrong.

Enforce the rule or remove it. I took offense. I could care less if you don't agree, as I only see you playing favorites.

@Azure:

> Enforce the rule or remove it. I took offense. I could care less if you don't agree, as I only see you playing favorites.

Stop being so silly. You've never, ever taken offence in the past. People joke around with you all the time.

All of a sudden you take offence and you want me to hand out warnings to people like Gwen because you suddenly decided to completely changed your attitude? Don't be stupid.

The rules have nothing in place about you being offended. Offensive material is something which is offensive to the majority of people. Nudity, gore, CP, etc. Not a single joke about you. That's not offensive, you simply chose to take offence.

Oh, and don't tell me how to do my job.

I agree with Robin here for the most part, it's both a visual and audible experience that truly needs both to be understood.  Of course, I can watch some music videos, like Pusssy (edited so it isn't auto censored - fuck you Marsh heh) Cat Dolls, on mute. *fap fap fap*

As for taking offense, just relax a little, I'm sure they'll get bored of it and move onto making fun of someone else, in the meantime don't get twisted in a knot over the situation, you'll get these comments anywhere online at one time or another.  The great thing about the Internet is you're free to leave at any point.