Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon Dream World

So basically I've decided to showoff a little side-project I've began working on while Chaoscraft finishes or (trys to) finish its graphics. I decided to post in show-off Without further-a-do, I present a project I've been trying to create for countless times to come!…

![](http://i.imgur.com/HXiC7ul.png)

**Storyline Concept** - Rather original idea for a Pokemon game, methinks.

>! Together for as long as anyone can remember, humans fought alongside Pokemon not just as companions, but as friends, together conquering the world in a never-ending quest to capture them all. Some treating Pokemon different than others, some with reasons big and some with reasons small, some with bad intentions, and some with good intentions. 
>!  
>! Together, Pokemon alone lived in various parts of the region in harmony. Being disturbed for a battle or a capture once in a while, Pokemon ran free everywhere. People have dreams to catch them all, while others dreamed to teach others about Pokemon. Some conducted research, together, people felt at home with their own Pokemon dream, as it gave them something to live for. Personally, my dream was to be the very best, but you see, dreams don't matter anymore, and they haven't for the past couple years.
>!  
>! For some strange reason, which the news reports may be due to Ghost Pokemon, nobodies had a dream or even dreamt while sleeping for a while now, but to be perfectly honest, no one has a clue. It's left our professors guessing left and right with nothing to come up with, and after a while, they lost the lust of working on the problem, some even retired, their dream of researching Pokemon has been forgotten. 
>!  
>! And that's where you come in! The only clue the professors have is these common rifts are opening up all over the world, allowing to what they've entry to the "Dream World". Who knows whats in the Dream World, but its your destiny to find out, and protect the world and bring back the power of _**DREAMS!**_
>!  
>! I've started mapping little bits and pieces, I pasted together the first route after what I've named "Specter Town", all town and city names will be dubbed by names related to dreams, like how the original Pokemon series is after colors (Like Palette Town, referring to the palette colors, _Viridian_ City_, Lavender_ Town, _Indigo_Plateau_)._ I apologize in advance for any choppiness when pasting together the map. 
>!  
>! **Route 1 - Zoomed Out**
>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/x0KzozZ.png)
>!  
>! **Route 1 - 100% Default**
>! **>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/ZAzMH9M.png)
>!  
>! Here's some more eye candy, for bum candies 'n' giggles
>!  
>! **Battle System**
>! **>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/FZObCpA.png)
>!  
>! **Pokemon Attributes, Stats, Nature, and OT (Orignal Trainer)**
>! **>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/zrWXuV2.png)
>!  
>! **Pokemon in 1st slot on the roster follows you**
>! **>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/W6PsWNS.png)
>!  
>! If your interested in mapping or providing programming experience, I'd be more than happy to take you aboard. The best way to reach me is on skype @ CMFiend420, thanks for looking!********

The engine being used is very much undone at this moment and time, and sadly I am no programmer. However if anyone would like to join the project, I am more than willing to give you a go.

@[member="CMFiend420"] If you are making Pokemon mmo alone and you are not a programmer after some time it will be full of bugs also you dont want for your game to be the same , you want to update it and add new features. I think for making pokemon mmo you need to know VB6 very well.

> @[member="CMFiend420"] If you are making Pokemon mmo alone and you are not a programmer after some time it will be full of bugs also you dont want for your game to be the same , you want to update it and add new features. I think for making pokemon mmo you need to know VB6 very well.

@[member="Golf"] I'll be using a paid programmer to add in features not currently there.

> @[member="Golf"] I'll be using a paid programmer to add in features not currently there.

And by Paid programmer, he means a tube of toothpaste who might as well touch Visual Basics this month because he has to take a class on visual basics starting next month anyway.

> And by Paid programmer, he means a tube of toothpaste who might as well touch Visual Basics this month because he has to take a class on visual basics starting next month anyway.

You do know this is one project you can't rename… Right?  Or give up on.

Wishing Crest and you luck. I remember looking at the code for this, many things to be changed if you want to get anywhere with this at all. My best advice is to not waste your time, because you'll probably find later after you've added many cool little nippy features, that there's just one bit of something in the engine that can't be fixed. I wouldn't want to see you rage quit Pokémon.

Then again, you said this was just a side thing.

Yeah, just a little side project at the moment. I'm quite aware that the code is a mess, Crest said he's going to also being make some performance optimizations. I'm no programmer myself but I can tell just from using the engine that it has some problems. I'm more doing this for fun, however I'd love to turn it into a full fledged project.