Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Terraria 1.1

pixelspore

Omg guys, its terraria 1.1 coming out on december 1st!!!

i know there are lots of minecraft lovers who hates Terraria and says its MC ripoff >.> but terraria is great too with its unique 2D Minecrafty style…

Some new features:
220 New items! _New NPC's
New Biomes

Anyway what is your feelings or excitement about this? COMMENT COMMENT!!

regards
pixelspore_

1.1 will bring Hardcore Mode.

It will be very awesome!

Going to be playing it with my friend, Kameron. We were hardcore Terraria fans from the start. It's an amazing game (one of the greatest we've ever played). Building and digging is hardly an aspect of the game. The RPG element is much more abundant whilst playing.

@Mr.:

> There is already a hardcore mode?

That mode is different from the one being released. I thought the same thing as you. The new hardcore mode won't just be "you die = game over"; you play an actually more challenging game as a whole.

:edit:

> Hardmode.
>
> Starting hard mode is pretty straight forward. Go to hell, take revenge on the guide for all the times he let the slimes in your house, and destroy a giant creature made out of left over body parts that pukes up worms and shoot lasers out of it's eyes.
>
> When that simple task is completed, your world will change. There will be new challenges and tougher enemies to face. You will probably die. A lot. And you will have a blast doing it.

I get bored with Terraria a lot, sorry. I honestly can't figure out why Terraria is so boring to me considering I loved Minecraft (I actually think the two are not alike at all, but whatever) and loved a lot of old school platformers. Multiplayer always seemed a bit of an unfair advantage considering that you could bring old players into a new game (even if you made all the players start new characters) and I'm not much of a single-player kinda guy, so that instantly rules that out too.

I'm not trying to rant or rage, just I can't find fun in it…

@Jungle:

> I get bored with Terraria a lot, sorry. I honestly can't figure out why Terraria is so boring to me considering I loved Minecraft (I actually think the two are not alike at all, but whatever) and loved a lot of old school platformers. Multiplayer always seemed a bit of an unfair advantage considering that you could bring old players into a new game (even if you made all the players start new characters) and I'm not much of a single-player kinda guy, so that instantly rules that out too.
>
> I'm not trying to rant or rage, just I can't find fun in it…

Did you start playing Terraria with a friend? I did. We loved it.

@Azure:

> Convincing me to play a game with people is like convincing me to not pick pennies I find on the street.

Wha…?

I'm not convincing you to do anything. I was trying to confirm with Jungle on whether or not he started playing Terraria with friends.

@Winfield:

> Wha…?
>
> I'm not convincing you to do anything. I was trying to confirm with Jungle on whether or not he started playing Terraria with friends.

I know. I was making commentary in relation to what you were saying. I was meaning to imply that it's harder to get friends to play sometimes by using myself as an example.

@Winfield:

> Oh–I see.
>
> Yeah. The only thing I really have that can compare to that is playing SSBM alone; none of my friends want to play _competitively_.

Nice. I just asked Wabbit if he would play this with me, as I've not played it and he responded "No, who does." I was let down a bit. I've heard the comparisons of it and minecraft, but I've never been one to not look into something myself.

@Azure:

> Nice. I just asked Wabbit if he would play this with me, as I've not played it and he responded "No, who does." I was let down a bit. I've heard the comparisons of it and minecraft, but I've never been one to not look into something myself.

Coming from Minecraft originally, I can say that Terraria is **not** a 2D Minecraft. It appears that way visually; it's not. As I said before, the RPG elements of the game are really its fundamental building blocks.

Since the world isn't infinite like Minecraft's, when you go exploring as far as you can, your computer doesn't seem like it's coughing up a lung.

@Keebler:

> I usually throw one up and it is **alot** funner when there is someone else there.(yes I used funner you grammer nazis)

Don't forget **a lot**.

#troll

@Winfield:

> Did you start playing Terraria with a friend? I did. We loved it.

Yeah, but that was kinda the problem. I dont know, I have nothing against the game, so it's more of a person feeling towards it. I still admire the developers, legally have the game, and follow them on Twitter.