Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A game programmer's question

Etarnalazure

Hello everyone, i cannot say i'm new to the forum but i can say that i'm newly registered!

I got a small question for the lot of you. After seen some of the amazing artwork on here i decided to download it and use it in a game i am currently working on.

The game is going to be used for an exam me and my group have in a few weeks, so it will not be publicly available, though it will not be sold i feel i will have to ask either way.

Is it okay to use the resources on this site for our game? None of us are even close to artists, we are all old website/program developers who program in vb.net, c#, java, php and so on, so we are severely lacking the powers to create anything good looking for our game.

If it is not okay we will of cause go back to using stick-men and green dots as our graphics.

~Etarnalazure out

Still, its rather uncommon finding a gem of a site like this. Its rather hard finding proper graphics for games. And then when you come past something like this, you gotta do what you can to keep it afloat so that i may spread and continue to support indie developers like us.

@Etarnalazure:

> Still, its rather uncommon finding a gem of a site like this. Its rather hard finding proper graphics for games. And then when you come past something like this, you gotta do what you can to keep it afloat so that i may spread and continue to support indie developers like us.

True, true.

We have gotten a lot better over the past few years with "stealing" and the sort. Robin usually tells off those folk. You're in good spirit starting off with the philosophy you currently have.

/support

Honestly, you learn a lot when you are in it you self. Before i became a website programmer i thought making an site was easy and everyone could do it (Well they can with stuff like WordPress but its no where near the quality of a homemade one).

Was the same deal with when i started programming games. I thought it was easy.

You gain a certain appreciation.

And that's why i think its better telling people WHY they made a mistake when they take other peoples work for granted, instead of just saying "You suck leave!".

I've seen similar posts from some of the people on here, a person made some fairly bland pixel art and people started flaming him for it instead of helping that person along with what his mistakes where.

But all in all i like the overall mood of this forum. A rather fine collection of people.