Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[REQUESTS] EO3.0 Tutorial Requests

Tic Tac 2

Requests for EO 3.0:

Note, this is a requests thread, you don't have to do any of these.

There are simply ideas for tutorials that you can do if you want.

* Ammo system for magic, like RuneScape's Rune system. Let's say your spell requires 2 Water Runes and 1 Earth Rune, it will take those two kind of runes from your inventory upon casting. And if you don't have it, you can't cast the spell. This feature should be optional as a checkBox.
* Unique 'camping' house system, you would have an 'Enter House' teleport button. Upon pressing it, you would be teleported to your instanced house map, leaving a 32x32 masked house tile behind from the spot you teleported to your house from, letting players enter your house by pressing CTRL. If in a safe zone, locking your house from visitors should be optional, but not in a PVP zone. Entering your house in a PVP zone makes your house a PVP zone.
* Anti-speedhack for projectile system. A check that makes sure you can't fire at a higher speed than your weapon's attack speed.
* Guild minigame: Control the fort. There's a fort, where in the middle there's a flag that can be pressed CTRL on to claim it as territory for your guild. Each second of having the fort controlled would give your guild +1 point to a database where your guild's points is stored. This could be expanded with a Forts highscores for all the guilds.
* Weapon special attacks. Pressing a button makes you call a custom script depending on what you set the weapon to call in the items editor. You can also set the amount of mana it will take per use. This would also incur your weapon's attack cooldown(your set attackspeed), so you can't use a special attack and do an attack right after that.
* Player high-scores.
* Spells that call custom scripts, to allow more complex spells than the few options we have in EO3.0.
* Random piece of equipment drops upon death. Item can be from either your inventory or equipped items.
* Anti movement-speedhack: There would be a timer that checks if you've moved more than 5 tiles in one second, and if you have, it kicks you instantly. Doing this instead of processing movement server-side would make movement still feel good, rather than unresponsive and clunky for those with higher ping.

@[member="lurv"] are you asking for someone to do this all for you? Without pay? Some stuff I might be able to do (not huge things, small things) but seriously consider paying someone to program. It is possible to do the guild mini game in events I believe you might not be able to do the guild part but you could do a public mini game that matches your description in events. Although I would rather program it as you would also have to make a mini game selection window etc.. when you talk to the mini game npc or you press the hotkey. etc… I'll get on the anti-speedhack ASAP as it might be useful for a lot of people. I'll post a tutorial with the link here once I figure it out.

> @[member="lurv"] are you asking for someone to do this all for you? Without pay? Some stuff I might be able to do (not huge things, small things) but seriously consider paying someone to program. It is possible to do the guild mini game in events I believe you might not be able to do the guild part but you could do a public mini game that matches your description in events. Although I would rather program it as you would also have to make a mini game selection window etc.. when you talk to the mini game npc or you press the hotkey. etc… I'll get on the anti-speedhack ASAP as it might be useful for a lot of people. I'll post a tutorial with the link here once I figure it out.

Lol chill, it's called "Requests" for a reason

I'm just giving my ideas out to the community.

Whether or not you take my REQUESTS is completely up to you.

I'm not paying you anything at all.

You can move on now.

Well , I dont think anyone will make this tutorials for free. If you want smooth system without bugs you need to pay some larger amount of money. Good luck (You should learn to code its fun and free)

• 4 months later...
@'GalacticGlum':

> @[member="lurv"] I wasn't angry I was asking a question but as I said before I will be doing the anti-speedhack for you.

Private Sub CheatCheck_Timer()
If SpeedHack + 6000 < GetTickCount Then
'do kicking stuff here dont forget to log this
End If
SpeedHack = GetTickCount
End Sub

Timers are affected by speed hacks, gettickcount is not, Basically, If 6 seconds goes by faster than 5 seconds, you know it Is a speed hack.

Have a timer on the client interval 5000 with the above code, adjust it to suit your needs and it works.

The speed will still be hack-able, but it will be much more hard and simple Cheat Engine users won't be able to do it. The main problem here is that the speed is set client-side. It should be completely rewritten server-side, or send the player's speed from the client to the server every sec and check if the speed is modified and kick/ban the user.

@'BeNjO':

> […] The main problem here is that the speed is set client-side. It should be completely rewritten server-side […]

There is a very key reason it's not (and never should be) completely server-sided, and why this is always a particularly complex issue (if you think it was so easy, do you not think it would be done by now?).

Lag.

That was a direct copy and paste from another thread, which I copied and pasted from a really old mirage thread I posted. I do agree now that I'm not a complete noob to networking, But I do also know that the server should actually check some stuff with movement.