Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PVO Castle Crashers [Updated!]

Whackeddie99

@Jungle:

> Try to not use those Breeze trees. They lack originality and are widely known. Trees are a great way to learn how to draw pixel art, so I suggest you make your own. Try googling "tree pixel art tutorial".

Definitely a must. These trees wont stay, and plus they don't even match what I'm going for. If I cant make good trees myself, I'll search the whole world before I keep these in my game. (:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Whack:

> Really? I thought the sprites are fantastic. Just because they are cartoon style and not god damn rmvx quality doesnt make them shit. And look at many other players games. These are custom made graphics. 75% of most people showing off eclipse games are using sprites that are already made.

Hold up, Boy George. Who said shit about RMVX? He says your sprites look bad because they do.
Aside from them being an edit of already made sprites (Yes, I noticed), they lack shading, and the outlines are also screwed up. You've mixed tilesets way too much, and they don't match the sprites either.

Why don't you actually make your own tiles instead of finding ones that don't match at all online?

Lastly; just because you use custom graphics doesn't make your game look better. You need to have _good_ looking custom graphics to do that.

@Fuu:

> Aside from them being an edit of already made sprites (Yes, I noticed)

alright, noob. If these are edited sprites, please link me. I'd love to prove you wrong.@Fuu:

> Why don't you actually make your own tiles instead of finding ones that don't match at all online?

because im not a tileset artist….lmfao. If you could read you would find out that I'm looking for one.

@Fuu:

> Lastly; just because you use custom graphics doesn't make your game look better. You need to have _good_ looking custom graphics to do that.

Of course it doesn't. But I never said that. I think that people who use graphics that are already made are people who aren't going to have a successful game. I've already stated that these tilesets aren't final, but the sprites are. They are 100% custom and not edited (where the fuck did you get that). So if you're here to just piss me off, saying complete bullshit, then just leave. I don't want you here.

@Whack:

> I think that people who use graphics that are already made are people who aren't going to have a successful game.

[Origin - The Legend Reborn](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,55661.msg588880.html#msg588880)

Still in development, but looks really good so far.

@Whack:

> -snip-

Why do you get so mad? Learn to take criticism. Also, its dumb to be making Sprites but not tiles. That's part of the reason why your game looks bad, bro. And if I was trying to piss you off I'd probably just call you an idiot and say this is the worst thing I've ever seen. Anyone who says something bad isn't trying to ruin your life, kid.

http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/tool/chibi/index1.html - Edited.
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/7be9683dcc367f4de53c99458e850344.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#7be9683dcc367f4de53c99458e850344.png)

I'm not making the sprites. Dfox20 aka Dylan is. U want his deviantart? Hes been networking with me. Hes not making tilesets because hes too buusy making the sprites. And also that website shows nothing he has edited. It was done by scratch on a rmvx template and also he has uploaded all the graphics to his deviantart. Idks why you are so convinced these sprites aren't mine. Haters gonna.hate …

@Whack:

> I'm not making the sprites. Dfox20 aka Dylan is. U want his deviantart? Hes been networking with me. Hes not making tilesets because hes too buusy making the sprites. And also that website shows nothing he has edited. It was done by scratch on a rmvx template and also he has uploaded all the graphics to his deviantart. Idks why you are so convinced these sprites aren't mine. Haters gonna.hate …

Oh man you're stupid. duck it. I'm out. And tell your "partner" to get better at making sprites.

@Whack:

> How so, oh great Fuu who knows everything?  Sorry my artist isnt as good as you ;)

Becoming an 8 year old who can't take criticism every time someone doesn't like your art is how you lose respect, bro. Not that you had any from the start…

@Whack:

> Alright. Point taken. But I don't want respect from someone who waltzes in and says our work is edited, screwed up, and just plain bad. I was looking on ways to improve, not people complaining that we're doing a bad job.
>
> And thanks Aaron. It wont be final though.

I gave you ways to improve! My god. And I didn't say you'd lose respect from me. I'm getting really tired of hard headed idiots coming onto this forum. Calling me a noob is funny, considering I've obviously been here longer than you. (more than 3 years)

And your sprites are CLEARLY edited. Would you like me to remove everything but the outline to prove it to you?

@Whack:

> Date Registered: December 29, 2010, 03:19:28 PM

@Fuu:

> Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 12:33:07 PM

Congratulations! You've registered 12 days before me! And I like you're age (:

@Fuu:

> Age:14

I'm not hard headed, I'm not an idiot, and you definitely didn't give me ideas to improve. Re-read your MP here and then come back and tell me. Because you just ducking came and dropped a bomb of "I hate what you're doing" on this thread. A whole page of arguing because you decided to come over here and troll it up. And thanks for calling me an eight year old when you're only 14\.

Come talk again when your balls drop. Your buddy Eddie (:

@Whack:

> Congratulations! You've registered 12 days before me! And I like you're age (:
>
> I'm not hard headed, I'm not an idiot, and you definitely didn't give me ideas to improve. Re-read your MP here and then come back and tell me. Because you just ducking came and dropped a bomb of "I hate what you're doing" on this thread. A whole page of arguing because you decided to come over here and troll it up. And thanks for calling me an eight year old when you're only 14\.
>
> Come talk again when your balls drop. Your buddy Eddie (:

I did not say I hate what you're doing, and it doesn't matter if I'm 14\. (My grammar is better than yours, and I obviously have a higher eye for detail) And no, I didn't register 12 days before you. This isn't my first account. You obviously don't know what trolling is, either.

I gave you ways to improve, and if you actually read what I wrote, you would know how you could improve.

The term "balls drop" means being mature. Its got nothing to do with age.

The day I found eclipse was November 23, 2008, 12:57:34 AM. I was banned for acting a fool, and not realizing when I was wrong, and others were right. (Much like you're doing now).

You can't pull an age card and say "oh your 14 you don't know shit" because believe it or not, you probably thought I was 18 before you checked my age.

Because you can't seem to pick out ways to improve from what I said, I'll show you right now.

> Who said shit about RMVX?

Nothing to improve from here, I just wanted to point out that your sprites ARE edits of RMVX:
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/2f42502f8b35193b440028181d07866c.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#2f42502f8b35193b440028181d07866c.png)

> they lack shading

There is little to no shading on the sprite, and you might want to look up tutorials on how to shade, so you can get better.

> the outlines are also screwed up.

The outlines could be made smoother, and have edges that aren't correct.

> You've mixed tilesets way too much, and they don't match the sprites either.

You do NOT mix tilesets. It looks bad, and mixed tilesets almost never match. You either need to make your own, or try your best to match the sprites to one set of tilesets.

> Why don't you actually make your own tiles instead of finding ones that don't match at all online?

Said above.

You obviously don't know how to take criticism, and just get mad instantly whenever someone says something relatively close to bad. And 16 isn't that much of a step up from 14.

Man, I don't know how many times I need to say this, but

1\. These sprites are from my sprite artist Dylan.

2\. I dont need to get better at shading, because I'm not the sprite artist.

3\. I haven't been mixing tilesets, if you COULD read you would know that I'm only using the first one.

4.Guess what. My point is don't go around calling someone a 'kid' who is generally older, smarter, and more mature than you.

Whack said that his artist uses RMVX sprites as a template, I think there was mis-communication here. There is no problem with him using the RMVX base sprite as a template and making PDs for it. He didn't  actually _edit_ the RMVX sprite.

Also, you are both quite arrogant. ;]

@Whack:

> Man, I don't know how many times I need to say this, but
>
> 1\. These sprites are from my sprite artist Dylan.
>
> 2\. I dont need to get better at shading, because I'm not the sprite artist.
>
> 3\. I haven't been mixing tilesets, if you COULD read you would know that I'm only using the first one.
>
> 4.Guess what. My point is don't go around calling someone a 'kid' who is generally older, smarter, and more mature than you.

…You're serious, aren't you?
I'm done, you're obviously not reading anything I'm posting.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

And by the way, saying "if you could read" Makes you VERY immature.

Why are white people so annoying and stubborn?