Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Client to server connection error

Solstice

Kk so I run my game and the server and I get an error saying the server is offline.
I went to canyouseeme.org and tried 7001 port but it timed out so I thought it needed to be portforwarded so I portforwarded 7001 in my router and canyouseeme.org still gets a connection time out, then I tried was my firewall(Comodo) and it's not that because I closed it completely.

Last thing I could do was check network driver - because I have hamachi installed - so I disabled the hamachi driver and instead of COMPUTER -> MULTIPLE NETWORKS -> INTERNET it's now just COMPUTER -> ROUTERNAME -> INTERNET

now i dont know what to do :| can someone help me? I've read the guide and it didn't help at all, nothing in the FAQ and I've gone back a few pages and it seems everyone has a different connection issue

@Yumi:

> Did u even open the server? Set the client's ip to localhost?

No, I changed the ip from localhost so others could join.

@[THE-KRIS:

> link=topic=77370.msg827820#msg827820 date=1325292909]
> when you portforward make sure you're setting it to the right internal ip. you can find it by going into command prompt and typing IPCONFIG
>
> it'll be something like 192.168.1.3 or something similar. If you have teamviewer i could take a look for you.

How do I know if I'm doing it to the right IP? And sure, I don't mind letting you do it on teamviewer, how do you propose I give you the information?