Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GUI Practice

dxxknight

So I got bored today and decided to practice on making GUI's. I did up a shop GUI and I need some criticism and ideas because I want to get better at GUI's to make my games look a little more "professional". Thanks alot for your time!

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/5466aac26a0d032e61770ab2255fb805.png)

*Note* Explain what your talking about a little so I can get get a good idea of what your talking about. Thanks!

*Another Note* This GUI was inspired by Crystalshire's/silverdale's GUI style. But not nearly as good but I'll get there one day. ;)

Thankies!

***Updated***
I personally think it looks better with out the actual buttons instead the words will be the buttons and here is an example of what it might look like if someone hoovers over sell. What do you guys think?

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/2b7a6d2d7da141fa12d5de53abdb63d9.png)

@dxxknight:

> lol yeah I made it big so people can see it better but I think I made it a little to big lol. Thanks guys! I'll work on fixing the buttons now :P

Not everyone who plays your game has Azures eye sight. If you want them to be able to see it, just make it very clear and simple.

The pixels on that 2x zoom are blurry. If you are using photoshop, load the pixel art on a normal canvas. Go to image > Image size. Then double the size of the image. Then change the box that should normally say "Bicubic" to "Nearest Neighbor". Enter. Now your pixels are 2 pixels large! Yaya. Another thing is that the gold/yellow you are using changes throughout the GUI. Try to keep this color the same everywhere it appears. There's that same inconsistancy with the black 3px stroke that you have on the Shop type. Also that inner glow is a bit too harsh in my opinion. You could lower the opacity on that a tad. Nice work!

Oh and never use Bevel/Emboss on anything other than text. Just don't.