Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elandor Chronicles - Old Single Player Release!

Dark Crusade

I'm sure a lot of you remember Elandor Chronicles, the ORPG I was developing. Well what many of you might not have been familiar with, was the little singleplayer side project I was working on, a fun little spin-off to the online franchise I was hoping to create. Well I was digging through some old files, and found it. I never showed it off, so I thought I'd let you play what little I made!

Game Design/Scripting - Beau Buckley (me)
Graphics - Beau Buckley (me)
Music- Beau Buckley (me) and Clark Bonafe.
Engine - 001 Game Creator / Engine001

Controls-
WASD (or arrow keys) - Movement
Shift - Jump
Enter - Interact
CTRL - Jump
H - Use Health Potion

Incomplete Features/Bugs-
Expect quite a few, nothing game-stopping. Particularly ranged combat npcs, which are flawed. Don't nitpick, its an early release that I never meant to finish or fix. (OR DO I?)

Screenshots-
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/9e27ce8c1b2a67ddfe1cf6c546fac1ae.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/5053cbf20651d416845d125c8a69eedd.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/29ccd17faee010c8ca58f14172dfdd25.png)

[Download at Mediafire](http://www.mediafire.com/?1mnyt77j8g38wkl)

Enjoy the 10 minutes of gameplay that's in this. XD

@Jungle:

> I tried it and WOW. Pretty damn good for a GM game. I loved all the extra special effects.
>
> EDIT:
> Ugh, got $15 and not sure what to do…

>! Ransack all the houses until you get 20 dollars, then buy the sword.

Did you have the choice to edit the loading screen, Kreator?

What I done on the project, although very little, should give you an idea of the feels, features and styles I was aiming for. Very retro and SNES inspired. Of course, there was a lot of bugs and rough features, I didn't finish smoothing out the ranged combat, but it was a start! Of course, It's a small taste of the graphics, gameplay and music I was aiming for.

Curious what people think of the map travel idea. It's more convenient for making a smaller single player game focusing on quests and locations and unlocking new areas!

@Draconix:

> I really liked the movement, it was very smooth and fit very well with the game style.  The jumping was a nice touch, as well :)

Thanks! The work I done on that lil project got me acquainted with the engine. Since then I've become pretty confident with what I can do with it.

@Captain:

> duck. I died when you walk into that dark room and get reeped by those three green guys.

Heheh. XD
Green?

Is this what I see true? The so await creation of Kreators… I can now taste a small portion of it?

--

Well, well, well... It was kind of disappointing to see you did it with 001 Engine. Thought, it was a lot better than I expected. The graphics are astonishing, the music fits damn well with the scenery, but the combat was pretty retarded and the attack animations were choppy. I loved how when I entered to some place, pirates(As I remember them) called me an intruder and started randomly attacking me.  Would have loved that part of the game, but the combat is really pathetic, as I said before, and kind ruined everything. Yet, the story and quest are well elaborated.

Original project is an ORPG.

For clarification for those who didn't follow, during progress on Elandor Chronicles I stumbled across 001 engine, and as a quick fun test of some of my graphics worked on this for a few days for fun! Some people were really interested in it. Then, a week or so ago, I found it on my computer, and decided well might as well let people see it.

And yes, indeed it has been a long time without hearing about the project.