Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TheZeus's Odyssey Classic Tile & Sprite Sheet 32x32

thezeus

Indeed.  I quit the game staff a few days ago after 2-3 years of being the main guy in charge.  Decided my work should still be usable elsewhere since that ship is sinking.  Also, at 27 I decided the younger main programmer was lazy and unprofessional.  Shocking, right Robin?

Indeed.  Sorry, I've been gone from the forum for a while.  Still working on your dream game?

Edit:  Obviously I'm a bit slow and simply had to click on your forum signature image.  Great work!  Happy to hear you followed through with your dream vision.

@thezeus:

> Indeed.  Sorry, I've been gone from the forum for a while.  Still working on your dream game?

On and off. I've been working on a big update to bring international shards in to play allowing our American friends to play in a lagless environment. Also been working on an RPG Maker style eventing system which is going to revolutionised content development. I made a couple of development posts explaining it all; [http://www.crystalshire.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=18](http://www.crystalshire.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)

I get very little time, though. I was brought in to a medical software company to single-handedly develop the support software used by the entire National Health Service. Going to concentrate on my career and put these kinds of projects on the backburner.

Definitely a good choice.  I'm 27… I finally decided that the drama of the 2d community no longer fits in my life.  My career is going great and I need to cut the childish shit out of it.  I changed my signature on the Ody Forum to a photo of Crystalshire.  I'm never posting there again, but the many from the past might bring you a new player or two.  Consider it my way of paying it forward to one of the good guys I've met along the way.

I'm downloading it now.  Interested in giving it a real try.

@thezeus:

> Definitely a good choice.  I'm 27… I finally decided that the drama of the 2d community no longer fits in my life.  My career is going great and I need to cut the childish shit out of it.  I changed my signature on the Ody Forum to a photo of Crystalshire.  I'm never posting there again, but the many from the past might bring you a new player or two.  Consider it my way of paying it forward to one of the good guys I've met along the way.
>
> I'm downloading it now.  Interested in giving it a real try.

Yeah, I feel the same way a lot. You've got a good few years on me, though, so it might be a while before I'm ready to let go of all the drama.

Glad to know there are still some oldies around, though. I get kind of upset when I find only a handful of us are left.

I'm honestly blown away to see how the community has changed since 10+ years ago.  Someday I'll go more in-depth on the Acer purchase of Mirage… the transition from Consty to Shannara, etc... Those days were absolutely insane.  I actually traded e-mails with Shannara a few months back, but I have no clue where Consty is anymore.

@thezeus:

> I'm honestly blown away to see how the community has changed since 10+ years ago.  Someday I'll go more in-depth on the Acer purchase of Mirage… the transition from Consty to Shannara, etc... Those days were absolutely insane.  I actually traded e-mails with Shannara a few months back, but I have no clue where Consty is anymore.

I talked with him a while back. Most of them are on GTalk from time to time. He was blown away with the stuff I'd done to the engine. xD

@ZoSo:

> Damn i miss people using those graphics :O.
> Back when 32x64 sprites were an exclusivity xD.

And every implementation of it was pure shit. I still can't believe I was the first one to use the image properties to dynamically render. That stuff went on for like 7 years before I worked it in to Essence.

@Robin:

> I still can't believe I was the first one to use the image properties to dynamically render.

Hell, I didn't even know how Robin did his system, and I still managed to make PV render frames dynamically (assuming they were all the same width).

AND I'm a moron!

• 2 weeks later...
@Robin:

> And every implementation of it was pure shit. I still can't believe I was the first one to use the image properties to dynamically render. That stuff went on for like 7 years before I worked it in to Essence.

I cant believe im the first one to code 94x94 spells and Fully stroked Text either :P… And im not even a coder, people back then were total shit at doing stuff xD

• 4 months later...