Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First attempt to rip WoW tiles

Sicarii

@Red:

> Listen here, sir. I have only just joined this community and I'm sorry I dont know everything about this engine and everything that goes with it. There is no need for your sass.

Oh sorry, I could only assume because you're on this site that you knew what a tileset was.

It's difficult to understand it if you've never played WoW before, you can't simply assume that people have, and in the likelihood they have, they probably wouldn't know about it anyway.

And VB6 isn't protected viciously by Microsoft, since it's outdated, nigh on ancient. Blizzard are pretty tetchy about copyright for a current game.

ummm i dont think playing WoW before would help you here, but whatever im over done with What is a tileset 101.  Its not so much that vb6 isnt viciously protected…its that from your compiled distributed game they dont know if you have a legit copy that made it whereas your graphics are plainly out there. Like i said...using them doesnt bother me any, im not forcing anyone else to use them.

@[ThePirate:

> Fuu link=topic=77986.msg835995#msg835995 date=1328224722]
> Two completely different things.

Not really, people use RPG Maker tiles all the time. If you read the user agreement it says not intended for use in games made outside the program (along with many other restrictions). The only difference is, people will get caught more easily if they use assets that are copyrighted rather than a program they used to make them.

@legendweaver…thankyou for on topic input. Its not really a waste of time for me cuz i enjoy doing it in my spare time. And i suck compared to real gfx.

ive posted other wow rips so i dont understand posts bout copyrights from ppl that dont even know wat theyre lookin at. i was curious if the rip/mod was good or not? i layed it all out on a map an thot it looked decent...didnt expect the conversation to lead where it did.

guess ill continue to rip WoW in the style i do until someone offers pointers.  guess i better say its not just copy/paste like it feels some ppl think.

This is useless, WoW is a 3D game, you could use only the terrain for tiles, in reality. If people were to use these, they would blame you in a legal situation. WoW created these (as far I as I know your just taking it from there game) and they dont wan't others using it.

thanks but yer a complete moron…those 2d gfx are exactly what WoW uses. I could only use terrain huh? I kinda think ive exampled a lot of items...a sprite...and now terrain. I may suck balls at making my own gfx like a lot of us do at making their own engine. I wanted 2d gfx of wow to use and couldnt find em so i decided to do it myself. My only inet access is on my boost mobile phone...thank god for mobtorrent and a usb cable so i could buy vb6.

if ppl used these they would blame me???? ugh you upgraded yer moron status.

edit: locking this...discuss it in a different forum if yer up to it.