Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

C9 (Continent of the Ninth)

mrmiguu

C9 is like mixing the realistic 3D game environment of Vindictus and giving it the awesome gameplay of Dragon Nest.

[The North American version is out](http://c9.webzen.com/VIP/). I've looked into it in the past. Very promising!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-gkFL7G8ow

One thing I wonder about all these action MMOs is how they deal with lag. Or maybe they don't, which is why it takes them so long to become westernized. I mean in South Korea their Internet is basically everyone on a giant LAN if you think about it, so I don't imagine consideration for latency is the biggest worry.

Looks ok though otherwise.

**@Anna** Usually the International/NA servers filter out the poor connections in latency-intensive situations (PvP, direct dungeoning, etc.).

Personally, I think you guys are undermining this game by just saying that it looks "good."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB69zqUm_n4&feature=related

@Fogger:

> I definitely think these action mmo's are gonna be the way of the future. I've seen more and more crop up and I'm glad cause I'm tired of the cliche mmo's out there. I enjoyed playing dragons nest I might have to check this out !

You're most certainly correct.

I can't even attempt to play any other point-n-click MMO anymore. I've been tainted with the awesome competitive feel of realtime action. I even consider Vindictus slow-paced in comparison to Dragon Nest or C9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AAFWlRWZb0

@Anna:

> An MMO that is only about fighting isn't anything new, though. Unless a game has other features (like Mabinogi had), an MMO only can go so far.

In that case, most FPS MMOs are nothing special either, but are something different from the pseudo-MMO you find popping out of the Korean market nowadays. It depends on what you're looking for in a video game in general.

@MrMiguu:

> You're most certainly correct.
>
> I can't even attempt to play any other point-n-click MMO anymore. I've been tainted with the awesome competitive feel of realtime action. I even consider Vindictus slow-paced in comparison to Dragon Nest or C9.

Agreed I am tired of the point and click as well I can't stand those games anymore. I used to download a lot of f2p ones every week to find one I like but to no avail they are the same in terms of boring gameplay.

• 1 month later...
I really wish this game wasn't instanced based. That's what got me bored of vindictus and Dragons Nest, the fact that everything was completely instanced. I'd rather have a completely open world. Actually, i really loved Mabinogi. It had a massive open world, as well as some instanced dungeons to run through. I personally thought it worked great.

Now that i think about it, Entropia online is really the game i've been looking for. Unfortunately, although it's free-to-play, it really requires you to put some money in to have any fun :(. Oh well, maybe Otherlands will live up to the hype :3

Back to this game, despite being instanced, it's still one of the best action oriented mmo's there is. It's been out for a while in asia. Great pvp, great graphics, fast gameplay. Basically what everyone wanted from Vindictus, except it's already put in

@Zonova:

> I really wish this game wasn't instanced based.

Why? It would have KSing and major lag, then. Also, the NPCs would not "flow" towards the player, making combat as intense as it already is.

@Zonova:

> That's what got me bored of vindictus and Dragons Nest, the fact that everything was completely instanced. I'd rather have a completely open world. Actually, i really loved Mabinogi. It had a massive open world, as well as some instanced dungeons to run through. I personally thought it worked great.

Then don't play instanced-based MMOs. Stick to RaiderZ and TERA, for that matter. Some of us prefer instance-based games. They're more casual, with occasional bursts of action.

@Zonova:

> Back to this game, despite being instanced, it's still one of the best action oriented mmo's there is. It's been out for a while in asia. Great pvp, great graphics, fast gameplay. Basically what everyone wanted from Vindictus, except it's already put in

And don't forget the air-juggling. That makes PvP all the more epic! No open-world MMO will ever be this intense in terms of fighting action/combat. You can't have intense combos with FlyFF/Ragnarok; they just weren't designed for that type of gameplay. Neither was RaiderZ or TERA.

It's not really the concept of instanced dungeons that i don't like. But i do like a certain level of "open-worldness" which makes it seem like more of an mmo, and less like a solo game with the ability to join teams. At least, that's what Vindictus felt like to me back when i played it.

And i'm planning on trying RaiderZ, i just got a key and it looks pretty sweet. I'd be playing Tera, but i think it's b2p

But, i don't think it's the instance based nature of the game that lets it enjoy cool features like an intense action combat system. Though, i suppose making it instanced means there will be far less lag.

Gah, now i have to try this out too >.<

@Zonova:

> It's not really the concept of instanced dungeons that i don't like. But i do like a certain level of "open-worldness" which makes it seem like more of an mmo, and less like a solo game with the ability to join teams. At least, that's what Vindictus felt like to me back when i played it.

If that's what you like, there are games specifically designed for those types.

@Zonova:

> But, i don't think it's the instance based nature of the game that lets it enjoy cool features like an intense action combat system. Though, i suppose making it instanced means there will be far less lag.

That may be very well what you think, but you'll have to support your claim. Otherwise, I've made much more headway on my points. Why would they (developers) develop a game to be instance-based if the majority of MMOers weren't comfortable with that type of gameplay? It's because the game was designed to be fast-paced and have intense action triggered at certain events (points in dungeons). It was designed to connect the boring MMO cookie-cutter formula to that of an action MMO. In this case, they went too close to the formula of an actual action game, driving more MMO/RPG diehard fans (you?) away.

I agree with Zonova actually. Instanced gaming is good for small action segments, and I like that aspect with a cooperative PvE (or even PvP) action, combat-intensive segments. But if the game is still nothing but these combat segments, it's worthless in the long run. I don't care how elaborate your combat system is, without other aspects of interaction in a persistant environment, your MMO is useless.

The future? I don't think so. It's just a matter of what you prefer. I also like to have a more consistent world which you get to know better as you move through it etc. and where you explore new areas (not by directly teleporting into them). I like instances like in WoW, for getting better gear and having some intense fights but too many instances isn't for me… I remember seeing this game somewhere around 2009 and it really looks good, but I'll wait for RaiderZ...

-seal