Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two questions

Aikon

Greetings!
I would like to start off by saying I am "new" to VB scripting, so my questions may seem to have a obvious answer, just not to myself.  I hope everyone understands…

Right!  First question!
I was given Visual Studio 2012 for Christmas because I told someone I was a programer.  I am a programmer, just not a visual one.  They figured it would help me…now it does...I think.
There's a question in here somewhere...oh yea!  Can I use Visual Studio 2012 to open and edit something created in Visual Basic 6 and then re-save it without error, or very few...?

My second question is a little more code based.
I noticed there is an 'errorhandler' code in every single section:

> …..
>     ' If debug mode, handle error then exit out
>     If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler
> .....

Does this have to be in every "sub", or can I put a single "if options.debug….." at the top and pray it works?

I hate to break it to you, but only Visual Basic 6 will work. If you were to open it in Visual Studio and try to "convert" it, you'd probably come up with something so nonsensical and worthless you might as well just rewrite the whole engine yourself.

And yes, you do need to put it in every sub/function. The reason is that when a sub(routine) is called it will skip to the error if it exists.

Huzzah!  You're right!  It's 2010 Ultimate.

I can open the individual files in the src folders.  I haven't attempted to compile anything I've edited yet, until I got more information.

So…now I have to go out and find Visual Basic 6 some where?  You would think it would be backward-compatible...I guess not.

Thank you for the replies.

*coughs lightly*
I didn't know the forum policies on pirating software, so I avoided the topic…

I just "found" VB6 on "kijiji".  I will install it now, and see what I can do with it tommorow afternoon when I get home from an appointment.