Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello people … can i upgrade EO dx8?

karpaz

Yep big plan, but stupid plan,it's a waste of time  to upgrade it just to read png files, nobody will help you,maybe only if you PAY.
Who cares about your game? I tell you, nobody !
Neither mine,or anybody else here.
Stop dreaming,if you want to make a cool mmorpg,then learn english,learn or hire a programmer, learn or hire an digital artist.
Sorry dude this is the reality

@SolBadguy:

> Yep big plan, but stupid plan,it's a waste of time  to upgrade it just to read png files

Everything you said after that was not necessary at all.

As for converting to DX8, it's not wise to convert it just to be able to read png files, as having DX8 will change a lot more than that. There are ways to have .png without all that work, just search on Google.

Thx but Djmatus .. i post this topic to help me no to help on the google .. if you answer its help other noobs ..

but i wanted dx8 not for only png files but for more .. ;) graphic .. fog .. more smoother game .. and more and more ;) but ok if you help me with dx7 origins i use this and love this :P

@karpaz:

> but i wanted dx8 not for only png files but for more .. ;) graphic .. fog .. more smoother game .. and more and more ;) but ok if you help me with dx7 origins i use this and love this :P

You're approaching this all wrong. Having transparency, fogs, and a smoother looking game doesn't mean anyone will play it.

Features don't make the game, you do.

EO is just fine, and DX8 is a bit tough to understand especially if you're new to this. You can give CS:DE a try but I'm sure you'll find yourself back at using EO very quickly. People will help you if you show promise, and give them a reason to.

Ok ;) i started with CS:DE but iam like if i find origins :D but design from cs is better ;) but i cant change few items .. news.. credits and more .. ok  its completed … i train on origins .. and wait for origins update ;)

.png files are high tech in comparison with VB6, the most high quality image file you can get with DirectX 7 is probably bitmap, just saying though, animated tiles, autotiles, chat bubbles, and transparencies are capable in dx7, just look at ES or EE and enhance code. Transparencies you'll find in custom versions, just copy their procedures, also, I've noticed dx8 causes an automaton error, so stick with dx7.