Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zelda Menu GUI Alpha demo

hansomme94

I'm working on an AWSOME Zelda GUI based off of LTTP GBA's menu.
So far all the GUI is mostly done, the only thing really not done is the programming make it function. If you want to try it then download the attachment bellow. (Note that this is in NO way intended to be a usable client, only a demonstration of the functionality of the GUI.) Once I add more functionality to the GUI, I will release the menu form source along with the dependencies it now relies on.
![](http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/430399_309603435768726_100001572163084_871048_77791827_n.jpg)

Edit: You can use the arrow keys to move in the menu, as well as the mouse.

@Pete:

> Image quality is awful.

I know I plan on using photoshop to clean them up before I'm finished.

@Wing:

> Needs transparent text boxes.
> You should make the GUI from scratch, and not just build off of the GBA save menu.

Well, it's appropriate for what I'm planning so that's all that matters to me atm. That's whay I'll release the source, so they can modify the concept to their OWN needs.

@[FC:

> DTDMike link=topic=78582.msg842788#msg842788 date=1330930896]
> Well, it's appropriate for what I'm planning so that's all that matters to me atm. That's whay I'll release the source, so they can modify the concept to their OWN needs.

Just because you want to do things half assed doesn't mean they can't look decent. Here is a easily editable base.

>! ![](http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee434/Wingish/done.png)

@[FC:

> DTDMike link=topic=78582.msg842791#msg842791 date=1330934477]
> This is what I want, you act like they can't put there own images. If I decide I want to change the images I will but this is how it will be for now so accept it or forget about it.

I'm not saying that, nor do I have any idea where you got that in your head. I'm just pointing out the quality could be slightly better.
However it is your choice to have it look the way you want and it is just a source edit, but those text boxes just ruin everything.

If I understand correctly this GUI is supposed to work the same as the GBA load screen, so I presume what you're trying to do is when I click register button the login will be minimized and register will come up in the specified location.

I like the idea of people being able to use the arrow keys in the menu, it sounds like it would give a nice feel.

@Wing:

> I'm not saying that, nor do I have any idea where you got that in your head. I'm just pointing out the quality could be slightly better.
> However it is your choice to have it look the way you want and it is just a source edit, but those text boxes just ruin everything.
>
> If I understand correctly this GUI is supposed to work the same as the GBA load screen, so I presume what you're trying to do is when I click register button the login will be minimized and register will come up in the specified location.
>
> I like the idea of people being able to use the arrow keys in the menu, it sounds like it would give a nice feel.

I fully agree that the quality needs improvement I'm just finishing the programming then I plan on doing something about the image quality as I stated earlier.

@LegendWeaver:

> All you did was take the GBA menu, replaced text and added two boxes. If you're going to use the phrase, "Based off of", start from scratch. Also, either way the idea is horrible. Just no… >.>

We're apparently only supposed to critic the functionality of the menu.

@Wing:

> We're apparently only supposed to critic the functionality of the menu.

That's like asking water to not be wet really. lol.

It's a nice concept, but not unique, since it's based off something else. If you want to use this kind of format, by all means go for it, but might I suggest using your own coloring theme and placement, so it's actually more unique for your game.

@[FC:

> DTDMike link=topic=78582.msg842935#msg842935 date=1331016376]
> Damn you guys are stubborn, I said  I was gonna redo the images after I was finished with the programming. Do you guys not read the rest of the post before you post? I mean come on it says ALPHA  DEMO not Beta or DONE!

Everyone thinks you want criticism on the GUI at first look. Either way the GUI itself stands out. A lot.

@[FC:

> DTDMike link=topic=78582.msg842935#msg842935 date=1331016376]
> Damn you guys are stubborn, I said  I was gonna redo the images after I was finished with the programming. Do you guys not read the rest of the post before you post? I mean come on it says ALPHA  DEMO not Beta or DONE!

WOAH no need to be so touchy, I only commented based off:

> So far all the GUI is mostly done, the only thing really not done is the programming make it function.

Which to me sounds like the design was done, however making it work was not.

Regardless, any updates?

• 1 month later...
  I find it ridiculous that people on here always shut people down Instead of helping them. I did eventually finish the GUI USING custom images made in Photoshop CS5, as I was only using those GBA pictures for form factor, and scale. BUT I will never release it or ANY other material on this website again. IDC who thinks I'm childish, or anything else I'm just tired of ALL of the things I put on here being disrespected, except for by a FEW people. You guys need to work on your community, and the way you interact with new people trying to be helpful. And with that, I will no longer post ANY of my codes/projects, so as to not bother all you PERFECT people with my Insolence.

DTDMike

Anti aliasing, get some.
If you do it right, even a bad quality render can look higher quality.

Oh wait, sorry, the whole pictures kind of bad quality, and since I doubt you have the layers for every piece of the gui, your time would probably be better spent remaking the pieces in the desired scale by tracing the GBA blowup version.  Also, I don't know if this is going to be used, but even if it isn't before you remake it you should mind the color schemes  and style, probably stick with the orange+blue throughout and have all the same font (right now you have 3 different ones for 4 words).

Looks cool though, and seeing as you probably won't post another update, good luck on the project.

@[FC:

> DTDMike link=topic=78582.msg853793#msg853793 date=1335260886]
>   I find it ridiculous that people on here always shut people down Instead of helping them. I did eventually finish the GUI USING custom images made in Photoshop CS5

Well show that off instead you dumb fuck.

@[FC:

> DTDMike link=topic=78582.msg853793#msg853793 date=1335260886]as I was only You guys need to work on your community, and the way you interact with new people trying to be helpful. And with that, I will no longer post ANY of my codes/projects, so as to not bother all you PERFECT people with my Insolence.

Sorry that you received negative criticism, we generally expect that the members here are not incredibly emotional, low self-esteem brats who can't handle anything other then "OMG AWESOME I LUV IT". You'll never get better if you chuck a tantrum and quit whenever someone makes a suggestion on your work.

Some people actually believe that what they are doing is the right decision even if reason over rules. I would say it's best to stop replying to him as he is obviously not going to learn from anything we try to tell him. Sometimes it takes a traumatic event or something huge that impacts their life to actually realize what they are doing or saying is ridiculous.