Find results in...

I present to you, RELIGION!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anonymious:

> …tell that to a Jew or a Christian, they will ignore you, because they can't defence their religion.

lolwut? You stole the first half of the bible, then wrote your own half, filled with fairy tales about some man who rides on a horse, off a cliff, straight into heaven, then you all travel to some giant black box in the middle of the desert and rub it all over hoping for some sort of good luck, like God is some sort of vending machine for you to pop a prayer in, and receive your juice box. Don't say I can't defend my beliefs when yours are just a giant rip-off.

Edit;
Athiesm and agnosticism are both religions. I would define a religion as your beliefs about creation and the after-life.

I don't define my beliefs to be a religion, because if your faith and love for your creator is as true as it should be, shouldnt you feel that your beliefs are just true, as science is? Saying that you fall within a religion belittles your faith and gives the impression of you being a part of a separate group. Its hard to explain, but Christianity is only called that because other people called Jesus' disciples that. They never called themselves anything. So, as a Christian, should I strive for my faith, and let other see it in me and name me as such? Its not to be a religion, it unfortunately became one over the years.

@Anonymious:

> The Quran is not wrong, it's the most fair book of all the holy books.

Bollocks. The Quran, Torah and bible are foul and full of violent bilge. The Quran itself contains 109 verses about waging war on other religions/atheists, allows slavery and subjects women to awful inequality. It also states that adulterers and homosexuals ought to be stoned to death. Fair my arse.

@Anonymious:

> Imagine you are the judge, someone raped your sister, and you must decide what will happen with the raper of your sister, what would you decide? <–- please answer...
> This question is from a research, 98% of the people did't agree to kill the raper.... .. .. .., but they wanted to mistreat him and stay punishing him untill he dies.
> Look to the poll of this topic, 98% of the voters agree the same, you see?
>
> Well, this means Allah is very Merciful, more then us, he said to just kill them, he didn't say to mistreat them untill they die.
>
> Wich one is worse? Kill or mistreat untill they die?

As much as I would hate the rapist, he still deserves a due course of law. He may be the lowest of the low, a sick human being, but I would not kill him. Nobody deserves to die.

@Anonymious:

> Believe me disbeliever, don't try to tell a practicing real Muslim that his religion is wrong, tell that to a Jew or a Christian, they will ignore you, because they can't defence their religion.
> Also if you don't have a religion, don't talk about religions, because if you knew about religions, you would have a religion.

Don't judge them, you don't know about them?! Ha!

I'm an atheist **because** I read all the holy books. They are sickening and wrong, full of archaic violence and hatred based on the brainfart of a random cave dweller from thousands of years ago and still causes deaths nowadays.

I know about religion and it is harmful. You can't say that atheists know nothing of religion (Google Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens and Carl Sagan), since atheists know more in general about religion than the brainless sheep that follow them.

@Anonymious:

> The science of philosophy has never determined whether killing is right or wrong, according to the scientists of philosophy, it depends on the situation.
> I think a world without rapers is a better world, isn't it? << –-- answer please...

Of course killing is wrong! What gives you the right to end someone's life?

And as for killing rapists, what do you think happens after you kill a rapist? ALL rapists stop? No more people commit rape? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. If you kill a rapist, the world makes more. That's how it works. You'll never stop all rapists, because they only become rapists after they rape someone. What matters is what happens after.

@Anonymious:

> IDK man, just don't talk about things you don't understand. I hate talking to people without a religion, I prefer talking to a Jew or a Christian, because they are not stupid like you, at least they believe there is something very powerfull that must be a god or something.

Do **not** call me stupid, nor tell me that I don't know about religion. I care shit about religion because it's a morality black hole and has caused millions of deaths since it's inception. I'd say people such as you are the stupid ones for actually thinking that killing someone is a good idea.

And a Christian isn't stupid? Someone that believes they must eat the flesh and blood of some cosmic zombie Jew and tell him telepathically that they love him so he can remove some ancient evil that's in you because a rib-woman was trolled by a talking snake?

You can't call atheists stupid. Just because you don't understand the big bang theory and biological evolution doesn't mean that god exists.

@Chief:

> Athiesm and agnosticism are both religions. I would define a religion as your beliefs about creation and the after-life.

If atheism is a religion then transparency is a colour and not playing basketball is a sport.

everyone is just as fanatical about thier beliefs or non beliefs as everyone else.

just mind your own damn buisness and stop cramming it down everyone elses throat. If I want to learn about a specific belief I will go seek it out.

Aeri stop talking out of your ass, you're not a muslim, so i really don't see how you have any authority about telling me what the holy book i believe in says. Religion isn't a morality black hole, extremism is. Religion is simply the way morality evolved in the human mind. And it works for the most part, except for the few exceptions.

And let's not debate religion on this thread, it just comes down to a bunch of idiots yelling at each other.

@Zonova:

> Aeri stop talking out of your ass, you're not a muslim, so i really don't see how you have any authority about telling me what the holy book i believe in says. Religion isn't a morality black hole, extremism is. Religion is simply the way morality evolved in the human mind. And it works for the most part, except for the few exceptions.
>
> And let's not debate religion on this thread, it just comes down to a bunch of idiots yelling at each other.

You don't need to be a Muslim to understand it. You might find solace in the book, I don't know. What I do know is that the Quran is a disgusting book full of hate and ignorance. It's an observable fact. I highly suggest _you_ stop talking out of your arse and turning the other cheek when religion (Especially yours) causes many atrocities worldwide whilst preaching about their 'peaceful' ways.

Honestly, you do not need to be theist to know and understand these things. Like I said before, Google Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens and Carl Sagan and tell me that these people don't know about religion.

Religion does not deserve respect. It is to be loathed and mocked for the outdated, foul ways it brings about. The respect demanded by the peaceful majority is enough to protect this charade of stupidity such as killing people when killing people is forbidden in the Quran.

@Jungle:

> I'm an agnostic and could really care less.

Apathy. Seriously, you should care about other people's welfare. It's mindsets such as this that allow people living in 1st world countries such as Britain and America to just not care about the starving masses in less fortunate places.

People say I have strong views where they're not necessary. I'm just more preoccupied with helping other people and making sure their lives are fine.

Would you still be so 'meh' if the girl who was raped was your sister?

@Chief:

> Youre are extremely uneducated and are getting heated over this.

First of all, I'm not uneducated. I also find it difficult to take that comment seriously when you wrote 'youre'.

Second, I'm not angry. I'm stating my views and if you read into them that I'm angry, then try reading them in a more relaxed style. I think you misread the tone.

@Aeri:

> What I do know is that the Quran is a disgusting book full of hate and ignorance. It's an observable fact. I highly suggest _you_ stop talking out of your arse and turning the other cheek when religion (Especially yours) causes many atrocities worldwide whilst preaching about their 'peaceful' ways.

Lolol, i feel like you watch way too much news. The ones that are committing the worldwide atrocities are Not the ones that are preaching peace. Is that so difficult to understand? The ones that are preaching the peace are the ones that should really be representing religion, but it's only violence that gets shown on tv.

> Like I said before, Google Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens and Carl Sagan and tell me that these people don't know about religion.

Don't worry, i already have, several years ago. And i have huge respect for Richard Dawkins, he's the first person i look up when i want to prove Evolution to a religious nut. However many people like Dawkins base there views on religion around propaganda. They point out things that only happen in extremes. Under the surface, he's really only against extremism too. However, he generalizes all religion as automatically leading to extremism, which is where i disagree with him.

> People say I have strong views where they're not necessary. I'm just more preoccupied with helping other people and making sure their lives are fine.

Yup, you sure are helping people by flaming over the internet about how all religious people are morons.

> I'm an agnostic and could really care less.

This :3

Danke. I was gonna flag it, but I figured someone would see it anyhow.

@Aeri:

> difficult to take that comment seriously when you wrote 'youre'.

Ha, fair point.

@Aeri:

> Second, I'm not angry. I'm stating my views and if you read into them that I'm angry, then try reading them in a more relaxed style. I think you misread the tone.

No, its definitely your writing style. You may as well tell someone to try and read a horror novel in a happy, relaxing tone. It sounds fairly sadistic.

@Zonova:

> Lolol, i feel like you watch way too much news. The ones that are committing the worldwide atrocities are Not the ones that are preaching peace. Is that so difficult to understand? The ones that are preaching the peace are the ones that should really be representing religion, but it's only violence that gets shown on tv.

I have no issue with people having a religion. However, when that religion forces it's own ideas on me, I disagree with that. Especially when those ideas are based on such bollocks and ignorance. I'm even more freaked out when people have Jungle's attitude of 'I couldn't care less' whilst all this is happening.

It's also like I said earlier, you want people to respect your beliefs. It's your right to be wrong. But this respect and sanctity of religion is thoroughly undeserved and serves as the necessary protection of the ones that do preach hate.

If you're a Muslim, you follow the Quran. The Quran states that you should be stoned to death for adultery and kill any disbelievers. If you're a Muslim, as you say, then you obviously think you should. If not, then you're cherry-picking the bits you like and pretending to be a Muslim.

All religions, to a degree, enforce hate, bigotry and ignorance. That's what I oppose and if that makes me wrong then it's a fucked up world we live in.

@Zonova:

> Don't worry, i already have, several years ago. And i have huge respect for Richard Dawkins, he's the first person i look up when i want to prove Evolution to a religious nut. However many people like Dawkins base there views on religion around propaganda. They point out things that only happen in extremes. Under the surface, he's really only against extremism too. However, he generalizes all religion as automatically leading to extremism, which is where i disagree with him.

It does to some degree. And if you're not fully believing in this crap then you're not the Muslim you claim to be.

@Zonova:

> Yup, you sure are helping people by flaming over the internet about how all religious people are morons.

Once again, show your woeful lack of knowledge about me rears it's ugly head. Know what I did after Haiti's earthquake? I went over there and helped people out. I gave them food packages and gave out temporary shelters. Know where I went on holiday last year? Kenya. I helped build a school and gave out clothes. You know what the religious guys were doing? Giving out bibles. I don't know if you've ever tried eating one of those, but they're not very nutritious and you'll get paper-cuts.

@Aeri:

> A right but not a necessity. Stop posting empty crap and at least admit when you're in the wrong.

My goodness. You are extremely intolerable of other peoples beliefs. If ever there was an atheist equivalent to a westboro baptist, you've seem to have nailed the role.

Because campaigning for women's rights, helping the third world and sticking up for gay rights and basic human ones is the most hateful and intolerant thing anyone could do.

What you call intolerance is known to the rest of the world as a strong will. I've had enough shit from the world and I'm sticking to my guns. If you don't like something, change it. That's my beliefs and I'm not going to lay back and be trampled by people any more for the sake of people like you who need to be PC and tolerant. Here's some news: Tolerance does not stretch to tolerating intolerance.

Before i reply to your last post, i'd like to say that this:

"Tolerance does not stretch to tolerating intolerance."

Doesn't make any sense. If you're tolerant, you'll have the willpower to tolerate other people's ignorance or lack of education, both of which are things that lead to general intolerance.

Nothing I have said is contradictory. I don't tolerate other people's intolerance - what's so hard to understand about that? I should just sit by whilst Iran's Sharia law kills more people? Should I have let the Nazis do what they felt like, were I around in the forties?

This is basic morality. If you can't understand that then you don't belong in this thread or anywhere near average human beings.

@Aeri:

> Say one thing I said that isn't tolerant and maybe I'll start to understand what the hell you're talking about.

Alright. First off:
"All religions, to a degree, enforce hate, bigotry and ignorance."

Thats completely untrue. Its the extremeists and people like the westboro baptist church that don't actually understand what their beliefs are supposed to mean. Its not the religion, its the idiots that claim to believe it  that make the news. Its not fair to group us all together. That is ignorance.

Heres things youve said that make you out to be intollerable, and in turn, a hypocrite.
1.  those ideas are based on such bollocks and ignorance.
2.  the Quran is a disgusting book full of hate and ignorance
3\. Religion does not deserve respect
4.  It is to be loathed and mocked… etc
5\. Bollocks. The Quran, Torah and bible are foul and full of violent bilge
6\. admit when you're in the wrong.
7\. However much ignorance and stupidity there is in their beliefs on the matter

I don't believe in evolution, but not once did I bash it. I actually find the concept very intriguing and quite interesting. Just because I don't believe in something doesnt mean that I have to be so intollerant as to bash it with no respect to its believers. You really lost your composure here, and should feel a bit ashamed. But no worries. When I first started off in debates, I was a flaming fool that just threw up garbage about Christianity without having done the research, lol.