Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I present to you, RELIGION!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg, this is… pathetic, are these people for real?

lol from their forums:

I'm_really_a_scumbag
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

My favorite reply on that forum was here:

> Ever hear the saying "A woman should know her place", dear? Or what about "A woman should keep her stupid mouth closed until she's asked a question"? In my family, if my wife ever spoke disrespectfully to any men in the way you're talking to the members of this forum, she would be swiftly put in her place. She would be shown who's boss, and she wouldnt forget it in a hurry. I think it's pretty sick that your husband cant seem to keep you in line, and even sicker that you're parents let you get that way. It just shows how far this world has fallen, when there are ignorant women like you in it, who think they can talk disrespectfully to men in any way you please. It's sad.
> Reply With Quote

@Crest:

> Omg, this is… pathetic, are these people for real?
>
> lol from their forums:
>
> I'm_really_a_scumbag
> Confirmed Enemy of God
> BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
>
> My favorite reply on that forum was here:

It's a satirical site that parodies fundamentalist.

@Crest:

> ive noticed, this religion is by far the worst I've seen… and all religions are pretty damn bad...

Have you not just read the posts above you? Stop being hypocritical and intollerable. Yout think Christians are all intollerable and rude? Take a look at what you jsut typed;

"all religions are pretty damn bad" - You're giving humanity a bad name. And its not just you. Now don't get me wrong, there are people of all beliefs that do this, but people should honestly grow the duck up.

Also, do you not understand the words: Satyrical and Parody? …

> I left the catholic faith and cristian faith

Crest, you do know that Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity, and not its own religion, right? Herp.

And, you do realize that the forum there is a bunch of fake posts, right? Derp.

Just because I don't follow a religion, doesn't make me athiest you know. I don't hate religion infact the people who don't follow religions know more about them and study them more simply so they can make valid arguments, It's actually a very good trait to have while those who do follow religions, dare not touch a science book or another religion's bible.

Religions are like a censorship on the mind.

@Crest:

> they're an abomination to man kind.
>
> And if ever thing is so fake, why do they continue to reply to this stuff, after I posted, in reply to my post?

1\. You can't just go and say things like that. It may be the internet, but you still need to take care what you say. You need to read all of the posts between me and Aerii and see why.

2\. Its fake. Its really obvious. Theyre replying because its funny. Youre taking it serious, and the whole time, every single page of that thread is one giant troll, why would they not respond?

3\. Atheism does qualify as a religion. And its not the 'religion' that is censorship and forceful behaviour, but the people within them, and its not everyone either. You are extremely ignorant and uneducated in the matter. Its like saiyan all muslims are terrorists, or all atheists are in a wheelchair and use a robotic voice to speak. Its just not true.

4\. Ive had a world religions class where I was able to read through other religions' books and learn about their beliefs, so your point is invalid. Also, as a Christian, I believe that science is true in most regards. You cannot have God without Science, or vica-versa, because if God created everything, did he not also create the way thigns work, and therefore science? If God exists, then doesnt that mean that science is also his creation?

I find your lack of thought on the matter sad. You can't go bash other peoples beliefs if you don't know what you're talking about.

@Crest:

> Just because I don't follow a religion, doesn't make me athiest you know. I don't hate religion infact the people who don't follow religions know more about them and study them more simply so they can make valid arguments, It's actually a very good trait to have while those who do follow religions, dare not touch a science book or another religion's bible.
> Religions are like a censorship on the mind.

Lol, unless you were born an atheist. Many people also leave their religion simply because they don't like it or got too tired of putting up with the rules. It has nothing to do with them "knowing more about it".  Why on earth would you generalize all religious people as not using science?

Don't you know that much of todays astronomy comes from what muslim scholars discovered hundreds of years ago? Or how they also created the Arabic numeral system, which is what we generally use today. It's true that many religious people today are ignorant to science, but that has to do with society and the culture that's been made, not the actual religion.

@Crest:

> alright fine -_- but you can't change my oppinions on what I think of religion. And for the last time im not an athiest!

So… you're basically as bad as other religious fanatics, because you won't change your opinion in the face of facts...

I'm NOT an athiest! -Y- I left my religion because I was sick of hearing "You'll burn in hell if you don't do exactly as the church says" T_T…

Since you won't quit acusing me of being an athiest ill explain my beliefs in a small simple, easy to understand manner.

Life isn't about how we are created or what happens after we end. Life is about living, nothing more. It doesn't matter what created us or where we will go when we die, we should stop questioning our existance, stop worshiping, and just live.

> So… you're basically as bad as other religious fanatics, because you won't change your opinion in the face of facts...

Woah now, youre being just as bad. Lets not make personal attacks. Not cool. Also, what facts did you lay down? I see none.

@Crest:

> alright fine -_- but you can't change my oppinions on what I think of religion. And for the last time im not an athiest!

I never said you were an atheist. But as a human being, you believe something. Whether its in some form of creator or not, everything has a name, and everyone falls into the category of having a religion. Even agnosticism is considered a religion.

And I'm not trying to change your views. If that was my intention, you would surely notice, lol.

I will, however, sneak in this note;

Christianity is not what it should be these days. Its not supoposed to be some self proclaimed title where you suddenly are on the good side, or something like that. Jesus taught us to love all people, regardless of their beliefs or actions. If everyone followed this creed, regardless of your belief in God, the world would be as it should. Throwing Jesus into the mix only makes it so much sweeter. The most important thing about christianity is Love. Without love, you're doing it wrong, really. So next time someone who claims to be a christian starts to condemn you, ask them What Jesus would do? And if they don't respond with some sort of answer with 'Love' then I give you permission to ignore them, lol

And yeah, the whole burning in hell thing is a bit odd. You must have been in some form of orthodox catholocism. I am sorry to hear that your bad experiences with humankind has cast you away from God. I don't balme you though. some people just have it all wrong (stuck up snooty suit-wearing sit up straight Christians, that is lol)

True. "winning" is also something you shouldnt even strive for. In the end, I'm never going to convert anyone. Plus, I really really hate the word convert, and I'm sure I dont need to go into why that is… lol. In the end, it comes down to you and your Creator. Even for me. Might I be wrong? Possibru, but thats where faith falls into play. I have witnessed things not possible without the hand of God playing a role. But I don't expect you to understand, just as I dont expect to understand your views. Its all a whole jumble of different circumstances playing out in different ways to different people in different periods of time. Its all pretty:

aisodufaisudga soid aoisd gfoiaus paskfjgop aisufghad

amirite?

sure chief, I really don't see what point you are trying to make >_>

@Zonova:

> Don't you know that much of todays astronomy comes from what muslim scholars discovered hundreds of years ago? Or how they also created the Arabic numeral system, which is what we generally use today. It's true that many religious people today are ignorant to science, but that has to do with society and the culture that's been made, not the actual religion.

Are you freaking kidding me? no really? Most of astronomy today came from all sorts of things, it has nothing to do with religions. Take Galileo Galilei for example, he believed in god and everything, and he was put under house arrest for his "work against a god" by saiyan the earth rotates around the sun. Most of the constolations we see were created by greek mythologists.

And the most use Numerec system is roman numeral system not Arabic, hell I didn't even know there was an arabic system until now -_-

@Crest:

> sure chief, I really don't see what point you are trying to make >_>

Neither do I… its a bit confusing, lol

@Crest:

> Are you freaking kidding me? no really? Most of astronomy today came from all sorts of things, it has nothing to do with religions. Take Galileo Galilei for example, he believed in god and everything, and he was put under house arrest for his "work against a god" by saiyan the earth rotates around the sun.

You do realize that the church of that time is dead, right? And the closest thing to it is modern Catholocism, which seems to be where you came from. But don't get me wrong, not all catholics are this way… Just most.. lol

@Crest:

> you completely missed my point, the remark was made to clarify his theory of the earth revolving around the sun, a theory still used today, I was clarifying that it's a huge part of astronomy that didn't come from muslims, as opposed to a post made earlier

Ah, Gotchya. In this case, I agree.