Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Paint Sword VS Illustrator/PS Sword

dayrock

Old!![](http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g480/Derek_Johnson2/Coolsword.jpg)

New, the shading on the handle is a bit ducked up… but i think it looks alot better than the other one lol.
It is a gun sword i guess... haha 
![](http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g480/Derek_Johnson2/Untitled-2y.jpg)

You gotta designate a light source, at the moment half of it is straight up and the other half is top forward light source. I don't really know what shape you're going for but if its not curved in weird ways then the lower blade should be a whole shade darker due to the shadow, and have more shading on the bottom.

The white hilight is grey.. and I need to make the top blade longer and I was going for. The light being at the top left so I do need to fix th shadin on the bottom blade it should be a bit higher and need to fix the top part of the back of he handel but idk how I would shade the top of the beek

Start simple. Make something 64x64 or 32x32\. Right now it looks like it was drawn rather than pixelled. Make a normal, simple sword first to gain your bearings. Right now you're going for a huge, complex sword that you don't know how to pixell properly.

Well it is a drawing… I am just practicing shading and learning how to make smooth lines. And im just using paint hahahaha If you want ill make this is a 32x32... not a big deal, just one problem idk how to make it go 32x32.

Here is it agien with some fixes kinda, and i put the sun to try and help me haha
![](http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g480/Derek_Johnson2/Coolsword-1.jpg)

@dayrock:

> What do you suggest me drawing?
> I am really good at drawing at paper… just tryna do it on the computer

What are you trying to do, a drawing/painting, or pixel art? Your art and topic title don't really go hand in hand. A lot of people might recommend Sai for drawing, or Photoshop if you can get it. Also a Tablet. If you're trying to do pixel art you can use paint or gimp, or whatever really, I don't know what's best, a matter of personal preference (I myself use Photoshop for everything).

Like Petey said start off small if you're planning to do pixel art, especially if you plan to have it in a game. If you're just drawing /shrug it looks alright for a Paint job, your shading appears to be in the right spot, I just wish it didn't look so jagged.

I'd recommend Photoshop, set the canvas to a large size, so you can really pay attention to the detailing and produce nice lineart. Or you can use illustrator and use the pen tool for really smooth lines, though some might say illustrator is a bit harder to learn and work with.