Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[WIP] Minimalist Tileset…

Pbcrazy

Well, I thought I'd give my hand a go at making a super simple tileset. Not sure how well I like it yet… But it's certainly better than my past attempts! ;)

![](http://crazestudios.com/upload/tileset_pre1.PNG)

![](http://crazestudios.com/upload/tileset_pre2.PNG)

*What the heck is up with this forum and slightly resizing/messing with images?

The colours don't seem to look nice together. There is no transition between the bottom of the cliff and the grass.

Also for the resizing; You may have resized the actual web page itself. Try pressing CTRL while using the scroll wheel on the mouse until the picture looks normal.

I have little experience with tilesets but the whole thing just feels a bit to blocky. The colors for the bottom one are bad the top one is better and it is okay for a simple tileset. It would be great to add some higlights to the cliff rocks and the grass.

If you're going for the blocky style, you might want to consider choosing better colors that contrast well. You may also want to remove the brown shading underneath the green and reshade it b/c right now it looks like a brown area indented into a green piece of paper.
Add more depth.
GLHF!

Minimalism is all about shapes. I don't recommend even attempting a minimalist style unless you've done high levels of detail with pixel art before. Give it some time before you bother with minimalism.