Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need some input.

crzyone9584

I think the question was about a custom website. Templates are much cheaper. I would charge probably about $60 - $100 for a template that would be sold to anyone in a store, or something like that.

For a completely custom wordpress theme, factoring in the fact that youre not 'professional' I would charge probably $200 (negotiable). But even then, Its not a matter of money, but of time. I have a few weeks to get my current project done. After that we can talk, if you're interested.

Hmm, well I would love to be that guy, because it means he's got a lot of time on his hands… I burn myself out daily, but its on something I love, so I find it fulfilling. I get to charge as much as I do because thats what Ive sold and quoted for before, and theyve all been acceptable prices in the eyes of my customers. To be fair, those thousand dollar quotes were for bigger companies, not a single person, lol

@I:

> When I was creating ASP.NET CMS I created a site called **Normality the hated the hated** Productions.

The word filter just crossed the line between funny and confusing…

@Chief:

> To be fair, those thousand dollar quotes were for bigger companies, not a single person, lol

Do you make a fair living out of web design or is it all hobbyist work?

@Chief:

> In the professional world, we charge thousands.

That's true, and it's total bullshit. This one organization spent a few grand for some website that's barely more than a template and some generic graphics. I wish I had to gumption to rip people off constantly, I'd be rich.

@Anna:

> That's true, and it's total bullshit. This one organization spent a few grand for some website that's barely more than a template and some generic graphics. I wish I had to gumption to rip people off constantly, I'd be rich.

Yeah, I tend to put the actual effort into my websites to make them worth it though. I do agree that most of the time, charging that much is bullshit. Most companies today are old people that dont understand what looks good in a website, so they jump at the first person who says "custom website" lol