Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse worlds - some questions

Mojko

**EDIT: Hey, I got another question, anyone know a way to level up the firemaking skill in EW?
I mean, a recipe where 2 items is required to craft another item or something, or like 1 resource is required and 1 item is required to craft another item. possible?**

Hello, I've some problems about Eclipse Worlds.

Eclipse Worlds doesnt have any quest system, so I tried with the event system & I followed a guide, but I can just redo the quest over and over again.
This is how my event quest looks like:

Page 1:
![](http://i.imgur.com/B30E2TS.png)

![](http://i.imgur.com/NshabsI.png)

The HP of the resources is too low, and I cant make it higher
This is how my resource tab looks like:

![](http://i.imgur.com/9iuXLt1.png)

I cannot get fireball to work, it refuses to do any damage to the target.
This is how my fireball system looks like:

![](http://i.imgur.com/6p2QRgH.png)

**I do not know how to code**

This is all for now :), thanks in advance

EDIT: How do i get background music in-game?

Thank you helladen for the help, but I got a new problem now.

When I'm trying to mine copper ore (my resource) it gives me 1 copper ore per hit I make, but I want to get 1 copper ore each time it exhausts.

Is it possible or do i need it to 1-hit?

EDIT: I also found out that each time i sucess it'll give me copper ore & EXP, I dont want that, I want to get EXP when it exhausts

The Event is setup incorrectly. I commend you for trying and almost succeeding. Keep it up!

Two Main things:
(1) You need to use an actual Switch and not a Self-Switch. Take that Set Variable out of there.
Self-Switches reset on entering the map again or restart. Variable is not appropriate here.
(2) Page 2 needs the Switch box on the left checked for your condition, the name of your Switch selected, and set to True.
Each page (Except the first) must have one or more boxes checked for conditions. You call upon the Switches,etc to toggle between pages. Multiple pages + No conditions = huge glitchy mess.

This is the format it needs to be in.

>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/EtMq8RJ.png)

Thank you for all your help Agora!
But i've to tell you, I followed your guide on your thread… and it didnt work quite well, you should change it :S.
But thanks alot!

Anyone have any ideas about the sounds? I want to edit them but i need to convert mp3 to .mid

You can use google instead of asking everything without doing some research yourself. Also you complain about one of the most comprehensive guides posted on this forum because you're too dense to wipe your own ass. Good luck with your project, I'm sure it will be a winner.

Abyss I look at google for 2 hours and searching and searching, then I sit 1 hour and tries to figure out the sht myself, AND THEN I come to this forum, you dont need to be butthurted.

And on top of that, Ever heard that you do something for fun? It's not like I wanna make money off my game, its just something that me & my friends is going to use to have some fun

@'Mojko':

> Abyss I look at google for 2 hours and searching and searching, then I sit 1 hour and tries to figure out the sht myself, AND THEN I come to this forum, you dont need to be butthurted.
>
> And on top of that, Ever heard that you do something for fun? It's not like I wanna make money off my game, its just something that me & my friends is going to use to have some fun

People are just annoyed at answering the same questions over and over again. We'll try to offer better tutorials in the future as well as video presentations. Most people here teach themselves from scratch. This is kind of why Eclipse is like it is.

To get background music, you need to edit the map and add your own music in the binaries folder under data files/music.

I will make some changes to the resource system in the next update if I get time.

@'Abyss':

> It's not the questions but the total lack of own effort that annoys me. If you decide to dabble in game developing, at least have some common sense.

This, There's no way in the space of 20 mins in the shoutbox asking 2 different questions you spent 2 hours researching both questions (4 total). I answered it and so did Agroaphobic yet the BEST event guide there is failed to help you use a switch.

Hey, I got another question, anyone know a way to level up the firemaking skill in EW?
I mean, a recipe where 2 items is required to craft another item or something, or like 1 resource is required and 1 item is required to craft another item. possible?

@'Mojko':

> Hey, I got another question, anyone know a way to level up the firemaking skill in EW?
> I mean, a recipe where 2 items is required to craft another item or something, or like 1 resource is required and 1 item is required to craft another item. possible?

Possible for sure ;) Code it…....

@'Abyss':

> It's not the questions but the total lack of own effort that annoys me. If you decide to dabble in game developing, at least have some common sense.

There's plenty of effort going into it. You are just unwilling to learn. RPG Maker is a good example to use, these people have tutorials thrown at them constantly. Most members here learned it all themselves by using Google. All you have to do is ask the right question and we'd be glad to help. Asking questions like how do I edit the graphics or music. If you don't know how to use your Windows explorer or know how a file manager works,. maybe learn Windows more before trying to make a video game.