Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A nice long game of Empire Earth?

cheatking

Good for them, I don't care about competition I want large scales and diversity. If I wanted small and tiny I'd go play AoE or RoN instead. Empire Earth's greatest strength was it's potential for epic scales; it's stunted by its shitty camera and relatively low unit cap.

Edit: or better yet, for REAL tactical level gameplay, I'd play Homeworld.

Offtopic a tiny bit, I agree Anna. Big reason I disliked Starcraft online, even though its my near favorite rts, the rushing culture ruined vs for me.  I like to go all out, get deep in my tech tree,and field massive armies.

Much more fun, and really the point of RTS's before ultra competative douches, and koreans, ruined the genre for me

@DrNova:

> Offtopic a tiny bit, I agree Anna. Big reason I disliked Starcraft online, even though its my near favorite rts, the rushing culture ruined vs for me.  I like to go all out, get deep in my tech tree,and field massive armies.
>
> Much more fun, and really the point of RTS's before ultra competative douches, and koreans, ruined the genre for me

1\. Do not play with koreans, you will lose.
2\. make a small rush defense as well as some towers, usualy bunkers/photon cannons/colonies can fend off a small rush squadren.

One thing I think is lame about Empire Earth is the endgame. Nuclear weapons are retarded in that they have absolutely no environmental consequences about them. Considering there are gameplay mechanics for plagues and pestilence, it's inexcusable that there is no gameplay consideration for radiation or fallout. It makes nukes so easy to turtle with (enemy invasion force penetrate your cities? No problem, just nuke the core of it then rebuild!); citizens shouldn't be able to rebuild in nuked zones so quickly with no consequence.

That, and the fact that most cybers and helicopter type aircraft are generally useless and specific. Empire Earth is still a top-tier RTS game during it's depiction of time periods from prehistory up to the Industrial Revolution, though. But no consideration for radiation or other environmental effects of atomics, and no consideration of oil, fuel or energy resources, makes post industrial ages sort of silly in my opinion.

@Eckhart:

> 1\. Do not play with koreans, you will lose.
> 2\. make a small rush defense as well as some towers, usualy bunkers/photon cannons/colonies can fend off a small rush squadren.

But when you susesfully defend that first rush, nine times outta ten your oponnent quits.

• 3 weeks later...
@Anna:

> One thing I think is lame about Empire Earth is the endgame. Nuclear weapons are retarded in that they have absolutely no environmental consequences about them. Considering there are gameplay mechanics for plagues and pestilence, it's inexcusable that there is no gameplay consideration for radiation or fallout. It makes nukes so easy to turtle with (enemy invasion force penetrate your cities? No problem, just nuke the core of it then rebuild!); citizens shouldn't be able to rebuild in nuked zones so quickly with no consequence.
>
> That, and the fact that most cybers and helicopter type aircraft are generally useless and specific. Empire Earth is still a top-tier RTS game during it's depiction of time periods from prehistory up to the Industrial Revolution, though. But no consideration for radiation or other environmental effects of atomics, and no consideration of oil, fuel or energy resources, makes post industrial ages sort of silly in my opinion.

I personally think it okay to have no effect of atomic thingy. After all, you can always prevent atomic bomb by build the air shooting tower thingy.

I rarely build atomic bomber airplane, i build the howartizer of whatever it called (the one that shoot ball in the air and drop down that deal massive damage and area damage which freaking long range).

My strategy is not battle with troop, but rather, build as many tower as i can to protect, build long range siege tank, some troop to protect the tank, and use the tank to attack.