Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

16x16 Tiles

Mr.LLoyd

@Anosora:

> Can you make some kind of tutorial on how to do it cause i really need it and i guess its all client side?
>
> Ok so i changed the squers size in the frmMapEditor to 16x16 and changed
>
> ```
> ' Tile size constants
> Public Const PIC_X As Long = 32
> Public Const PIC_Y As Long = 32
> ```to
> ```
> ' Tile size constants
> Public Const PIC_X As Long = 16
> Public Const PIC_Y As Long = 16
> ```
> but i got some problems everything else got big and the squer that places the tiles is far from my mouse but i can place 16x16 tiles so any idea how i can fix this ?
>
> >! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/89083266a247f59896f13a2660d0f352.png)
>
> Edit also the item size has changed 2
>
> >! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/f77bd8d81b81743142d469e40df75d89.png)
>
> If someone can make a tutorial on how to use 16x16 tiles i will appreciate it

The only thing that efected the tile size was that in mod constants

@Anosora:

> Im using Jaxx custome engine

Here're my suggestions for you (to make your life easier, ofc.):

1\. Since you (or anyone, for that matter) can't easily convert the tile sizes from 32 to 16, blow-up your current 16x16 tiles until they're **literally 2x their original size**; that method saves you from tedious coding and the sort.

2\. Use Vanilla Eclipse (normal EO 2.0 Beta). Your source edit might work there, except you won't have all your cool custom Jaxx-edits.

Those are really only your two certain actions as of right now, considering you don't know enough about coding right now to really figure this problem out yourself. I'm not one to fix problems for others, I just kind of help out with tips and better solutions to things (it may seem kind of useless in retrospect, lol).

If I were you, those are the two things I'd suggest for myself. Most people don't have the drive that you do to fix problems for your own projects (it'll always be that way). I've always had to figure out my own problems. If I didn't have the skills, I'd have to do something entirely different from what I originally had in mind.

I'm sorry, Anosora. That's the best I got.

I know i can re-size the 16x16 tiles to 32x32 but the point of making the engine use 16x16 is because the tiles im gonna use are the once im gonna make and i'm just going for the 16x16 old stile mmorpg feel(Dransik,Elderlands etc..)

@Anosora:

> I know i can re-size the 16x16 tiles to 32x32 but the point of making the engine use 16x16 is because the tiles im gonna use are the once im gonna make and i'm just going for the 16x16 old stile mmorpg feel(Dransik,Elderlands etc..)

I understand. I've wanted to do that in the past, too. But since you're not confident enough in your coding abilities to figure this out on your own (as of this moment)–and since most likely nobody will "hand you" the answer--you're going to have to work around this, or keep at it like you currently are (**highly recommended**).

You're more than welcome to poke more questions at us, but if all you have to bring to the table in terms of curiosity is nothing more specific than "I don't get it," I'm afraid you won't get any closer to solving this dilemma.

Atm i made the character to walk on 16x16 tiles the map atrebutes to work on 16x16 tiles the map max y and x to be 16x16(so the player dont walk of screen) and to use 16x16 tiles
Problems atm:Everything got big(sprites,Text,Tiles etc..), my mouse cursor is like 5-6 tiles away from the squer on the pic screen that shows were are you placing the tile,and when i want like to target the npc my mouse needs to be far from the npc so i can target him and my items are also 16x16.

try to figure it out on your own, you have had alot of help here and should be enough for you to get it. The reason i am saying this is because it will help you in the future, so you don't have to wait on people for the answers, and so you get a feeling of self accomplishment… rather than have someone give you the answer.

But as far as the problem, i'm assuming the code you are changing is also being used by more than the tile size. You can try to create separate values especially for the tiles, and just make the tiles refer to that so the others don't get effected.

Ok so a big thanks to Richy the 16x16 tiles and everything works exept 1 bug this all works but only on map thats 29x23 if i make a bigger map the targeting and action message go off side.

Example of 29x23 map

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/ccafafb5bf771fa7ec989d4c84c9a61c.PNG)
Example of 35x25 map

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/b750f79e234b086c7a87042529cd7e30.PNG)