Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Thoughts?

gdog12356

Hello, i was working on the general layout of the game screen, and i was wondering what your thoughts on it would be. I still have to redo some of the buttons, some of which are shown either with an image, or just blank. I was wondering what you thought of having the exp bar at the bottom, what you thought of the blue color scheme, and what you thought of the placement of everything overall. In game the menu will be move-able, along with the windows it opens.

>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/cYcBp.png)

@Jungle:

> I'm not an expert on UIs, but I think it needs to be more… unflexible. With all of those moving windows in such a simple game, things could get annoying. More freedom isn't always a good thing.

Moving windows around to suit you best is a bad thing?

The Hp and Mp bars look boring they dont have anything just color.And why are the buttons and chat box have an open space from the exp bar.And i think it will look better if the buttons are not in boxes i mean only the icons are on the screen but this is just my opinion.And maybe you should add some kind of txt to the buttons so the player know which button is for what.I hope i helped you.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=79536.msg852203#msg852203 date=1334720746]
> All moveable and lockable. Comfort will alow a better experience and keep players playing.

Definitely agreed. If you could leave it as is or customise it to suit your needs, then I don't see the problem.
If you don't like moving your UI, then don't.

Although I think this thread has derailed a bit. It's show off, not discussion.

On topic: I think that it looks nice, it's definitely better than the default EO's clunky GUI, although I think this is done with CS:DE as it definitely reminds me of crystalshire.
The XP kind of reminds me of World of Warcraft. Sorry, but I had to say it.
Although I personally like that.
I can't make comment on the colour scheme as I'm (partially) colourblind.

@Anosora:

> The Hp and Mp bars look boring they dont have anything just color.And why are the buttons and chat box have an open space from the exp bar.

I was trying to go for a very simple look. I didn't want to crowd the game screen, so should i try to make the bars have some sort of texture behind them? May be to make them more interesting?

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=79536.msg852203#msg852203 date=1334720746]
> All moveable and lockable. Comfort will alow a better experience and keep players playing.

Yes, that is what i am going for. I personally like the availability to customize where things are on the screen, i think its makes things less boring as to the game screen layout. You can simply type _/menu_ to lock or unlock the menu(bar at the bottom with the icons), soon i will add it to the options.

@Owen:

> Although I think this thread has derailed a bit. It's show off, not discussion.
>
> On topic: I think that it looks nice, it's definitely better than the default EO's clunky GUI, although I think this is done with CS:DE as it definitely reminds me of crystalshire.
> The XP kind of reminds me of World of Warcraft. Sorry, but I had to say it.
> Although I personally like that.
> I can't make comment on the colour scheme as I'm (partially) colourblind.

Thanks! And yes this is made with CS:DE. I have never played world of warcraft, so i didnt see that xP, at least you still liek it :P. And im sorry to hear about your partial colour blindness :(.

Windows that don't budge is the latest craze (see: Path of Exile, other generic RPGs, […]).

I prefer them. If you design your game's UI to naturally hold the necessities all at once and not have to be moved around tediously by the player, people will respond well to your game much more. I feel more "comfort" (ICT) in that knowing the game made the decision to take away some freedoms from me for practical reasons and to also make my gameplay experience much simpler.

@MrMiguu:

> Windows that don't budge is the latest craze (see: Path of Exile, other generic RPGs, […]).

o-o, really? In most of the games i see, you have the ability to maneuver the windows around.

@MrMiguu:

> I prefer them. If you design your game's UI to naturally hold the necessities all at once and not have to be moved around tediously by the player, people will respond well to your game much more. I feel more "comfort" (ICT) in that knowing the game made the decision to take away some freedoms from me for practical reasons and to also make my gameplay experience much simpler.

Nice to hear reasons of the opposite opinion, thanks :).