Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CS:DE Virus??

Wortel Angels

Do you, personally, think it's a virus? Use your brain.

Would all the thousands of people who've used Eclipse in the past and up 'til today be using it still if it was notorious for being pumped full of viruses? I don't think so. That'd be like saying Maple Story or WoW contain viruses; millions of people play around with those things. Having viruses would destroy the credibility of the companies/MMOs.

Remember that most anti-virus software nowadays is a little _too good_, if you know what I mean. They overshoot and anything containing the ability to network is a virus (esp. those programs that use older/less conventional methods for networking with the use of COM files).

@MrMiguu:

> Do you, personally, think it's a virus? Use your brain.
>
> Would all the thousands of people who've used Eclipse in the past and up 'til today be using it still if it was notorious for being pumped full of viruses? I don't think so. That'd be like saying Maple Story or WoW contain viruses; millions of people play around with those things. Having viruses would destroy the credibility of the companies/MMOs.
>
> Remember that most anti-virus software nowadays is a little _too good_, if you know what I mean. They overshoot and anything containing the ability to network is a virus (esp. those programs that use older/less conventional methods for networking with the use of COM files).

Correct, surely you've come across a time when your antivirus thought something that you installed was a virus and it obviously wasn't. It happens to me all the time with avg. it thinks guitar pro is a virus :)

@[rose:

> link=topic=79697.msg854261#msg854261 date=1335389430]
> Says Avira in the picture, and the link provided above by Joost is directed to the Avira site, what do you think he's using?

thought it whats this one anti virus program i think it was avna or something like that that tries to say every thing is a viruse

@Joost:
Very true. I think I remember some anti-virus software scanning Maple Story as a virus.

When you say you want to make sure that it doesn't get picked up by virus scanners, how sure are you that the main ones out there that most people use know to not over-check properties of the programs they scan; in other words, how do you know that the anti-virus that _Mortal Angels_ is using has the same efficient way of flagging programs that are actually viruses?

@Mortal:

> Hey i downloaded CS:DE
> Make the .exe now Avira tells me its an Dropper.gen
> How can i fix that…
> [![](http://www7.pic-upload.de/thumb/24.04.12/7x3cjvn36t8l.png)](http://www.pic-upload.de/view-13908976/Unbenannt.png.html)
> Or can upload anyone an CS:DE version without virus…

![](http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/orig/4/11808200832-orig.jpg)