Find results in...

(EO) Guild menu *UPDATE*

tslusny

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kira423:

> I fixed the issue I was having, thanks Scott and Deathbeam for clarifying what I did wrong
>
> to get it working properly
>
> Server side find this in ModServerTCP
>
> ```
> If Player(index).GuildFileId > 0 Then
>         If TempPlayer(index).TmpGuildSlot > 0 Then
>             Buffer.WriteByte 1
>             Buffer.WriteString GuildData(TempPlayer(index).TmpGuildSlot).Guild_Name
>         End If
>     Else
>         Buffer.WriteByte 0
>     End If
> ```
> under add
>
> ```
> If Player(index).GuildFileId > 0 Then
>         If TempPlayer(index).TmpGuildSlot > 0 Then
>             Buffer.WriteByte 1
>             Buffer.WriteLong Player(index).GuildMemberId
>         End If
>     Else
>         Buffer.WriteByte 0
>     End If
> ```
> Save and compile
>
> then Client side find this in ModTypes
>
> ```
> GuildName As String
> ```
> under add
>
> ```
> GuildMemberId As Long
> ```
> in ModHandleData find
>
> ```
> If Buffer.ReadByte = 1 Then
>         Player(i).GuildName = Buffer.ReadString
>     Else
>         Player(i).GuildName = vbNullString
>     End If
> ```
> under add
>
> ```
> If Buffer.ReadByte = 1 Then
>         Player(i).GuildMemberId = Buffer.ReadLong
>     Else
>         Player(i).GuildMemberId = 0
>     End If
> ```
> Finally in ModGeneral find
>
> ```
> If GuildData.Guild_Members(MyIndex).Rank > 5 Then
> frmMain.lblGuildDisband.visible = True
>         Else
>             frmMain.lblGuildDisband.visible = False
>         End If
> ```
> and change to
>
> ```
>         If Player(MyIndex).GuildMemberId > 0 Then
>     If GuildData.Guild_Members(Player(MyIndex).GuildMemberId).Rank > 5 Then
>             frmMain.lblGuildDisband.visible = True
>         Else
>             frmMain.lblGuildDisband.visible = False
>         End If
>         End If
> ```<– This implements what Scott said below

Yeah i does same in my project but i dont have acces to internet on my pc now so i cant add that to tutorial, and i maked new buttons for opening admin panel and transfering founder, but i cant add them now to tutorial becouse of missing internet on my pc :cheesy:

I will add what you posted to tutorial

• 2 weeks later...
Is the gui suppose to show ALL guild members, or only those online? Mine is showing all, so I need to mess with it I think. Any Ideas what I did wrong? Also how do I line up the gui to fit into the window. Right now it overlaps a bit, and moving it always goes to far.

Old issue which is fixed
>! Small issue, I am sure it is my fault. Instead of a label I am doing a picture box. I have added my images, and am not receiving any errors however, when I press the button it opens up party instead of guild.
>! I have increased the max buttons to 8 (Amount I need)
>! I also added this
```
    ' main - guild
    With MainButton(8)
        .fileName = "Guild"
        .state = 0 ' normal
    End With
>! ```
I think the problem is .filename=guild , but I am very new and not really sure where I should look to correct this. Going to continue to work on the issue, but any help would be wonderful.
>! ```
        Case 8 'Guild
            picCharacter.Visible = False
            picInventory.Visible = False
            picSpells.Visible = False
            picParty.Visible = False
            picOptions.Visible = False
            picQuestLog.Visible = False
            picGuild.Visible = True
            PlaySound Sound_ButtonClick
>! ```
Update: Changed my inventory button to false, and made guild true. This caused the same issue as my guild button. It seems the button is not triggering the visibility.
>! Update2: Changin button 8 (my guild button) To show character instead of guild works correctly. Seems the issue is changing the visibility of picGuild.
>! Stuck :/

So essentially I could look for the command /guild view copy the code for that. Make a new label and paste the code into there. Some minor changes, and it would show in chat correct in my thinking?

Also how do you get it to line up so well in the box? Mine is always a little off, and I can't move it or it goes too far.

On second thought how hard would it be to add a check box for online and all? Which allows you to click and change what you see.

I am really new to VB would it be something a new person could do?

@Snoozey:

> So essentially I could look for the command /guild view copy the code for that. Make a new label and paste the code into there. Some minor changes, and it would show in chat correct in my thinking?
>
> Also how do you get it to line up so well in the box? Mine is always a little off, and I can't move it or it goes too far.
>
> On second thought how hard would it be to add a check box for online and all? Which allows you to click and change what you see.

Something like that, i try to look at it and add it to tutorial but now im making my game so i dont have many time :P

Why is there
End Select in Public Sub UpdateGuildData() ? Cuz there is no select caseâ€Ĥ. I dont see it o.O :D
also .lblGuildCDesc.Visible = False data member not found. So ... Its not needed and I deleted this with other .lblGuildCDesc. :D in updateguilddata

@Domino_:

> Why is there
> End Select in Public Sub UpdateGuildData() ? Cuz there is no select caseâ€Ĥ. I dont see it o.O :D
> also .lblGuildCDesc.Visible = False data member not found. So ... Its not needed and I deleted this with other .lblGuildCDesc. :D in updateguilddata

Yes srry for that i just forgot to remove some thing from code, that select case was for my language selection and GuildCDesc is just label that says this: Guild creation cost 5000 amethyst, becouse i added guild cost to my game :P

@DarkBeast:

> Can you be more espicific

Its a step by step explainment of how to add a picturebox in VB6, what more do you want?
And with 'Google is your friend' I meant that you can just Google 'how to add a picturebox in VB6' and find thousand tutorials about it.

Anyway, do what Deathbeam said and add in the picGuild from the attached rar.