Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions about server lag

leebunee

Hello, I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions I have about EO in general.

When I try to make larger maps (lets say x:50 y:50) there seems to be significantly more lag than when I have the default map size. Is this effected by the amount of resources the server has available or is it the engine not being optimized for these larger maps? I also noticed this happening when I have many resources on a single map. I am just running a server on my main PC where I also run the client so this could just be the reason why the lag is present however if I am able to reduce lag in many areas then it would be most optimal!

I was also wondering if restricting a map to a single tile sheet would make it load faster. There was a capability in MS4 where a map could load only a single tile sheet for the map instead of being able to pull tiles from all sheets that are in the data files.

Hoping for good responses! !

It's best, yes, but if you make a larger client, you'll want maps to fit the screen. If you're a programmer, then you could make it so that maps don't load, they preload the maps around you and you see them so it looks like you just walk from one to another, I can't remember the term for that though, it's too early for me lol