Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Green Lantern is gay…. really.

Grizzy

This is some new news if anyone missed it. He likes gay bars and moijitos. He likes long walks on the beach and holding his best guys hand while just going on simple strolls during the beautiful day. I have no problem with him liking carrots instead of cherries. I just thought this was some news that might throw people for a loop. I will imagine this will change a lot of things. Think he will make an appearance at the next gay pride parade.. only the future will tell this super star and revolutionaries fact… :P 

OOh yeah... Edit: http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20120602/ENT/306029991/1011/FEAT

Most news shouldn't be news. Nor is most of it worth talking about. I personally don't care if someone is gay, straight, or whatever. To is their own. I just heard it and wanted to share. Don't take it as I don't like it because he is gay. Besides if I was gonna pick a random super hero to be gay randomly I woulda picked Aqua man. :P

I'm just glad they didn't change Guy Gardner. What I don't understand is.. They made the Alan Scott gay, When he has a daughter who also becomes a green lantern. So..  why not of made one who doesn't have history of relationships with women and say he was gay all along and just didn't express it. (if that makes sense)

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=80534.msg862181#msg862181 date=1338654524]
> I'm just glad they didn't change Guy Gardner. What I don't understand is.. They made the Alan Scott gay, When he has a daughter who also becomes a green lantern. So..  why not of made one who doesn't have history of relationships with women and say he was gay all along and just didn't express it. (if that makes sense)

They could of just made Superman gay. Does he have any kids?

@Mr.Sean:

> Considering the green lantern is a person of whoever holds the ring, does it matter? /nerd

Ahh yes, i did not think of that xD
Also, there is nothing wrong with being gay. I hate to see people shunned because of that.

I think DC handled this whole thing pretty poorly.  Since the announcement of a gay iconic super hero the majority of the comic reading community seems to have a very "Meh…" reaction to the whole thing.  They should have left it as a surprise, that would have had the whole community talking about the decision and remove any sort of mental preparation for the reveal.  I figured Green Lantern would have been the best choice considering the GL is whoever holds the ring, but I'm a little disappointed they chose to make a previously heterosexual male with history the gay man instead of the ring choosing a gay man to be the new GL. :/